S7 Edge / CSC / Gear VR

I'm trying to install the Gear VR on my S7 Edge, but keep getting "network error". I've done some research on this and find it has something to do with the CSC version on the phone. Anyone have any idea how I sort this without rooting? How can I find the original CSC version and restore?

I had a friend from the USA come up and had the same error on their s6 when trying to load the gear vr app on the phone.. They were leaving again right away so never did figure it out.

25 minutes ago, i11usive said:

I'm trying to install the Gear VR on my S7 Edge, but keep getting "network error". I've done some research on this and find it has something to do with the CSC version on the phone. Anyone have any idea how I sort this without rooting? How can I find the original CSC version and restore?

Which model of the S7 Edge do you have? Check in the settings about Device. It'll look like 935A, 935U, ect..

20 hours ago, fusi0n said:

Which model of the S7 Edge do you have? Check in the settings about Device. It'll look like 935A, 935U, ect..

Sorry .. model number is SM-G935F.

Very strange - powered off the phone and removed the SIM card. VPN'd the phone into the UK and the Gear VR installs. As soon as I put the SIM back in, it doesn't work again.