Your most memorable game ending?

I have finished a few games over the last few weeks and one thing I noticed is that the endings are all pretty...bleh. Then I tried to think of good game endings and I realised I couldn't really think of any that really stood out to me as great. I thought I might ask you all which endings you enjoyed.

Obviously, you can mention the game, but be considerate and put the actual ending into spoiler tags for those of us who haven't played it.

Spec Ops: The Line. I've found a lot of game endings to be memorable thanks to the great storytelling, but the ending of Spec Ops had me sitting there thinking about all the decisions I had made throughout the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xendrome said:

FIrewatch, well the discovery that leads to the ending, and well, the entire story, lol

Ooh good shout I forgot that one. 

Oh, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare!

8 minutes ago, John. said:

Red Dead: Redemption

Ach, how did I forget that! That whole story was marvelous!

42 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Spec Ops: The Line. I've found a lot of game endings to be memorable thanks to the great storytelling, but the ending of Spec Ops had me sitting there thinking about all the decisions I had made throughout the game.

I think SPec Ops was heavily influenced by Heart of Darkness so it makes sense it was one of the better told games. Too bad it had ###### multiplayer tacked on. Even on of the devs admitted they were basically forced to add it even though they didn't want to.

44 minutes ago, xendrome said:

FIrewatch, well the discovery that leads to the ending, and well, the entire story, lol

42 minutes ago, John. said:

Ooh good shout I forgot that one. 

I have that game, but i still did not play it. Is it really good? How long is it?

• Like 2

Red Dead Redemption

CoD AW, surprisingly great FPS

Streets of Rage 2, me and my cousin played this for 12 hours straight before save game days and alike finally making it through the final stage with enough lives after all the repeat bosses to vs big boss. Can't remember what option we chose, threw us back to the start of the stage and we didn't make it again.  

On 20/01/2017 at 2:14 PM, E.worm Jimmy said:

I have that game, but i still did not play it. Is it really good? How long is it?

It's not long at all, you can do it in about 4-5 hours. Great gameplay and I definitely suggest it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John. said:

It's not long at all, you can do it in about 4-5 hours. Great gameplay and I definitely suggest it.

thanks. i will give it a go on one of the weekends then :)

On 1/20/2017 at 0:54 PM, Nefarious Trigger said:

The end of Shadow Of The Beast 2 on the Amiga.  Not the ending you want, but the one when you die.  I was genuinely uncomfortable with that music.

man that takes me back, glad to hear you were a fellow chickenhead fan mate :) 

mine has to be the ending of Wing commander 1 on Amiga.

wing Commander 4 endings, best one was Traitor ending, just to see Hamill behind bars :p 

• Like 2

The Various endings to Resident Evil, whether you got the good ending or bad.

Blast Radius, the whole game was dependent on your level of success, so determined the ending you got

Lollipop Chainsaw, good and bad endings again

Red Dead Redemption obviously

Siphon Filter

Hell, I could go on, I have a lot of fond memories

• Like 1

Mafia (2002) (on PC)

that's my #1 video game experience overall to but it's got a solid ending that left a impression on me which you just don't see in video games and need movies to pull that off.

• Like 1