Windows 10 Is The Worst OS Ever Created.

Just now, adrynalyne said:

Any OEM distributing windows 8+ on a new machine turns on secure boot unless they don't have an OEM arrangement with MS. It is required to turn it on. 

I was referring to smaller OEMs (as I pointed out, HP has it turned on by default).  OEMs of my size (less than $1M USD in sales per year AND ten or fewer employees) don't have agreements with Microsoft.

6 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

I was referring to smaller OEMs (as I pointed out, HP has it turned on by default).  OEMs of my size (less than $1M USD in sales per year AND ten or fewer employees) don't have agreements with Microsoft.

Then their machines aren't certified for Windows (they aren't even allowed to add the logo to their machine) and they are taking a hit on profitability. Seems unlikely. Windows costs less if you have an arrangement for MS. 

7 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Digital River officially distributed via Torrent I believe.

That is not a site owned by MS To the best of my knowledge, I know about TechBench , but the OP said Torrent..Linux is distributed mostly via Torrents but not Windows.

I've just noticed who the OP is.  Sorry, won't comment further - he has a history of creating troll threads that are predominantly anti Win10 focused.

Just now, Gary7 said:

That is not a site owned by MS To the best of my knowledge, I know about TechBench , but the OP said Torrent..Linux is distributed mostly via Torrents but not Windows.

Official distribution partner, was done in conjunction with MS.

• Like 2

Just now, Nefarious Trigger said:

Official distribution partner, was done in conjunction with MS.

I have downloaded games from them but never a windows OS. MajorGeeks at times has a Windows 10 OS RTM on their site.

42 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Microsoft does not deliver Windows 10 or any other OS via a Torrent.

No they don't, no one said they do.

(Although as mentioned Digital River kinda counts, and I've had windows from them as part of a MSDNAA/Dreamspark subscription in "torrent form" but you get it through a little Digital River downloader app, not a file/URI you'd load into a client.

36 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Thread discusses it being a torrent....

Yes as OP said he got a Beta version of Win10 from torrent, but no suggestionfrom OP or anyone else that it was an official MS one, or that his current version is from a torrent.

Either way OP needs to confirm where he got his iso from (or get an official one), check other PC on the network and his router.

15 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I have downloaded games from them but never a windows OS. MajorGeeks at times has a Windows 10 OS RTM on their site.

It doesn't matter that he has torrented the copy. It is 100% legal to use torrents. Heck Microsoft provides the isos. As long as the hash matches there is no problem using a torrent. Can we please move on from this? You aren't contributing anything to the thread by continuing to go on about the torrent. We're beyond that already. 

18 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

It doesn't matter that he has torrented the copy. It is 100% legal to use torrents. Heck Microsoft provides the isos. As long as the hash matches there is no problem using a torrent. Can we please move on from this? You aren't contributing anything to the thread by continuing to go on about the torrent. We're beyond that already. 

You as well contributed nothing with this post. The OP did not state where he got the OS, from what Torrent site.

10 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You as well contributed nothing with this post. The OP did not state where he got the OS, from what Torrent site.

The thing is, at least three of us have mentioned it doesnt matter what site. All that matters is the hash of the file. I am not sure why you keep going on about the website.

Just now, Circaflex said:

The thing is, at least three of us have mentioned it doesnt matter what site. All that matters is the hash of the file. I am not sure why you keep going on about the website.

The thing is that people quoted me so I responded to the quotes. I just respond when quoted as I am now doing.

55 minutes ago, Lamp0 said:

Anyone else immediately run scans on their windows 10 machines after reading this thread?

No as we installed it from a offical source :D

3 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Does not matter which site, if it did not come from Microsoft or one of it's partners then it can never be fully trusted, if at all

1 minute ago, TheReaperMan said:

Does not matter which site, if it did not come from Microsoft or one of it's partners then it can never be fully trusted, if at all

what? sure it can be trusted, all you need to do is verify the hash. If the hash matches microsoft's, it has not been modified. 

2 minutes ago, TheReaperMan said:

If the hashes match, it is safe from any source. 

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

If the hashes match, it is safe from any source. 

Correct, I hate FUD being spread around

• Like 3

8 hours ago, HeLGeN-X said:

I have downloaded Windows 10 from torrents (beta, was fine at that time), official site, from Bootcamp official with official serial numbers ETC, and every single time I've installed it, it has given me viruses, spyware, ram and CPU hijacking apps, apps stuck in Windows folders, apps in temp folders ETC, spyware and viruses! Right on a new installation! As soon as I connected to the internet, it gave me those problems. This is probably, what, the 6th time this has happened on 3 different computers and done from fresh drives. What the hell is going on!?

I could have saved more screenshots if I could have ACTUALLY USED my system after 3 hours of removing software each time. This is immediately after a Windows 10 download from MacOS Windows 10 utility download, but I've gotten viruses with every other possible W10 distro there is and my drives were clean as a whistle before or were just brand new drives. ONLY with Windows 10.

Capture.PNG

downloading warez from an unofficial site and you have issues?  Guess what...the image is hosed from wherever you are getting your warez from and it is infected.  Use the appropriate microsoft channels or buy the software.  If you knew how to utilize google you would find the site where microsoft is still offering it for free and could download a clean image.  Just an added fact, if you load on illegal warez onto the OS it too can contain viruses and infect your system.
If you are using MAC OS, it can be a carrier of a windows virus...while it won't be infected by a windows virus, it can still carry it.

I can assure you every one of my legitimate systems where I downloaded the software from microsoft do not have any of these issues.  I did not torrent them or find them from warez sites, I got them from the source...Microsoft.   And yes I do know where and what keywords to type into google to get the information I am referring too, I have even posted it on here in another topic.

Everyone, thank you for your responses, but I don't know of how many times I can repeat that I'm downloading these distros from Microsoft their self. It doesn't matter where I'm downloading them from, the exact same thing keeps happening. 

And after I remove the viruses anyway, Windows 10 is such a resource hogger and I'm not sure if it's due to what happened or if it really just is. 

20 minutes ago, HelgenX said:

Everyone, thank you for your responses, but I don't know of how many times I can repeat that I'm downloading these distros from Microsoft their self. It doesn't matter where I'm downloading them from, the exact same thing keeps happening. 

And after I remove the viruses anyway, Windows 10 is such a resource hogger and I'm not sure if it's due to what happened or if it really just is. 

Something on your network then or the medium (like the USB) is infecting.  When you say download from Microsoft ... what is the link you're using ... for example are you using this?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Though when you say that Windows 10 is such a "resource hogger" ... I suspect trolling ... because it is anything but.

I have built MANY computers and installed Windows 10 that I downloaded DIRECTLY from Microsoft because this is the ONLY way you can be sure it's not hacked to crap and they ALL work perfectly.  PEBCAK...

5 minutes ago, Ravensky said:

downloaded DIRECTLY from Microsoft because this is the ONLY way you can be sure it's not hacked to crap

that is FUD.

25 minutes ago, HelgenX said:

your router might be infected