Like what you want

8 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

There was a restriction? I guess I'm too conservative with my use of the option. Although I guess that means that if I do "like" something, it really resonates with me in some way.

By default I think it 100, on a forum that I am global mod some members run into the very same issue.

12 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

So I have removed the restriction of 100 likes/day for members and 500 for staff and subs. Seems like a feature that might have been relevant to restrict in the 2000's, but not in this day and age :p

APupiEs.gif

Knock yourselves out :p 

Thank you :) 

16 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

So I have removed the restriction of 100 likes/day for members and 500 for staff and subs. Seems like a feature that might have been relevant to restrict in the 2000's, but not in this day and age :p

Spoiler

APupiEs.gif

Knock yourselves out :p 

Thanks. I have seen some people complain about that. I have yet to understand why, but they did complain.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, brpsycho said:

Thanks. I have seen some people complain about that. I have yet to understand why, but they did complain.

The reason why they complain is that there is so many posts that members like to like but they can't like everything. If a group of people were posting lots of pictures in a day you didn't have much of a chance to like everything.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

there is so many posts that members like to like but they can't like everything.

I see. I like to like what I like and I don't like to like what I don't like but I'm okay with not liking what I like. That's why I liked the things as they were, but also like them as they are now.

2 hours ago, brpsycho said:

I see. I like to like what I like and I don't like to like what I don't like but I'm okay with not liking what I like. That's why I liked the things as they were, but also like them as they are now.

I see that you said, that you like to like what you like, and not like what you don't like, but why would you be OK with not liking something you like? Seems a little bit redundant to not like something you like, that's the reason you have the like button.

Like right now, if you like something, like it, it's not costing you to like something you like, and if you don't like then don't like, we live in a world where it doesn't matter one way or the other. :p

2 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Oh, if only you had said

So I liked a like, and I liked it.

(Katy Perry I kissed a girl and I liked it)

Did not want to be too corny :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I see that you said, that you like to like what you like, and not like what you don't like, but why would you be OK with not liking something you like? Seems a little bit redundant to not like something you like, that's the reason you have the like button.

Like right now, if you like something, like it, it's not costing you to like something you like, and if you don't like then don't like, we live in a world where it doesn't matter one way or the other. :p

I mean, don't get me wrong I like to like, as in, to put a like on something I like, as an indication of my liking of said thing, but I do not require to like, as in indicate my liking, each and every thing I like, as in being fond of said thing. But I do like that I now have the choice to like something I like whatever the number of things I like I have liked before. I am a bit scared though that it will push me to like things I don't like only because I can like them without counting ?

• Like 4

Interesting development @Steven P. to be honest, I was sure you guys would decrease the limit, rather than increase it. I thought the idea of likes, were to show good contributions to the forums. However, over the last month, there has basically been a group of people going around liking their friends posts, even dating back to last years posts. I thought the idea was to show actual contributors and not just a group of friends who will like anything and everything. At least that is my impression when I look at the "Popular Contributors" on the right hand side of the forums.

Any way we can bring back problems solved, or tech issues resolved? That might be a better judge of actual content.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brpsycho said:

I mean, don't get me wrong I like to like, as in, to put a like on something I like, as an indication of my liking of said thing, but I do not require to like, as in indicate my liking, each and every thing I like, as in being fond of said thing. But I do like that I now have the choice to like something I like whatever the number of things I like I have liked before. I am a bit scared though that it will push me to like things I don't like only because I can like them without counting ?

Sometimes a post is worthy of two likes. This headache of a post would be one of those times. :yes: