• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Like what you want

Recommended Posts

Nick H.    9,832

There was a restriction? I guess I'm too conservative with my use of the option. Although I guess that means that if I do "like" something, it really resonates with me in some way.

  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+JHBrown    13,207

Gave you a like, for the Like freedom.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danielx64    603
8 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

There was a restriction? I guess I'm too conservative with my use of the option. Although I guess that means that if I do "like" something, it really resonates with me in some way.

By default I think it 100, on a forum that I am global mod some members run into the very same issue.

12 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

So I have removed the restriction of 100 likes/day for members and 500 for staff and subs. Seems like a feature that might have been relevant to restrict in the 2000's, but not in this day and age :p

 

APupiEs.gif

 

Knock yourselves out :p 

Thank you :) 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brys    2,117
16 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

So I have removed the restriction of 100 likes/day for members and 500 for staff and subs. Seems like a feature that might have been relevant to restrict in the 2000's, but not in this day and age :p

Spoiler

APupiEs.gif

 

Knock yourselves out :p 

Thanks. I have seen some people complain about that. I have yet to understand why, but they did complain.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xahid    5,330

I Like that :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danielx64    603
4 minutes ago, brpsycho said:

Thanks. I have seen some people complain about that. I have yet to understand why, but they did complain.

The reason why they complain is that there is so many posts that members like to like but they can't like everything. If a group of people were posting lots of pictures in a day you didn't have much of a chance to like everything.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brys    2,117
23 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

there is so many posts that members like to like but they can't like everything.

I see. I like to like what I like and I don't like to like what I don't like but I'm okay with not liking what I like. That's why I liked the things as they were, but also like them as they are now.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,441
2 hours ago, brpsycho said:

I see. I like to like what I like and I don't like to like what I don't like but I'm okay with not liking what I like. That's why I liked the things as they were, but also like them as they are now.

I see that you said, that you like to like what you like, and not like what you don't like, but why would you be OK with not liking something you like? Seems a little bit redundant to not like something you like, that's the reason you have the like button.

Like right now, if you like something, like it, it's not costing you to like something you like, and if you don't like then don't like, we live in a world where it doesn't matter one way or the other. :p

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+John.    1,395

I like this announcement

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,441

I wonder if Steven comes back, reads some of the responses, and gets a headache :p

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danielx64    603
3 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I wonder if Steven comes back, reads some of the responses, and gets a headache :p

I wonder if Steven gets annoyed with all those alerts :p

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheReaperMan    384

so I liked a like and liked it

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,441
1 minute ago, TheReaperMan said:

so I liked a like and liked it

Oh, if only you had said

So I liked a like, and I liked it.

(Katy Perry I kissed a girl and I liked it)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheReaperMan    384
2 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Oh, if only you had said

So I liked a like, and I liked it.

(Katy Perry I kissed a girl and I liked it)

Did not want to be too corny :D

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dot Matrix    7,436

4b5.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheReaperMan    384
1 minute ago, Dot Matrix said:

4b5.jpg

Have a Like for your Like!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brys    2,117
1 hour ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I see that you said, that you like to like what you like, and not like what you don't like, but why would you be OK with not liking something you like? Seems a little bit redundant to not like something you like, that's the reason you have the like button.

Like right now, if you like something, like it, it's not costing you to like something you like, and if you don't like then don't like, we live in a world where it doesn't matter one way or the other. :p

I mean, don't get me wrong I like to like, as in, to put a like on something I like, as an indication of my liking of said thing, but I do not require to like, as in indicate my liking, each and every thing I like, as in being fond of said thing. But I do like that I now have the choice to like something I like whatever the number of things I like I have liked before. I am a bit scared though that it will push me to like things I don't like only because I can like them without counting ?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeMaster    15,600

Good bye old friend!

0cMMn5l.png

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
exotoxic    681
10 hours ago, Steven P. said:

APupiEs.gif

 

Everyone knows that's a ban button!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DConnell    6,581
Just now, exotoxic said:

 

Everyone knows that's a ban button!!

Everyone knows banning involves a hammer, not a button!

ff2.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Circaflex    3,555

Interesting development @Steven P. to be honest, I was sure you guys would decrease the limit, rather than increase it. I thought the idea of likes, were to show good contributions to the forums. However, over the last month, there has basically been a group of people going around liking their friends posts, even dating back to last years posts. I thought the idea was to show actual contributors and not just a group of friends who will like anything and everything. At least that is my impression when I look at the "Popular Contributors" on the right hand side of the forums.

 

Any way we can bring back problems solved, or tech issues resolved? That might be a better judge of actual content.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DConnell    6,581
10 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

snip

Liked, though I think you should leave Steven's donkey alone! :laugh:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    12,114
3 minutes ago, DConnell said:

Liked, though I think you should leave Steven's donkey alone! :laugh:

*raises an eyebrow*

maxresdefault.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+JHBrown    13,207
6 hours ago, brpsycho said:

I mean, don't get me wrong I like to like, as in, to put a like on something I like, as an indication of my liking of said thing, but I do not require to like, as in indicate my liking, each and every thing I like, as in being fond of said thing. But I do like that I now have the choice to like something I like whatever the number of things I like I have liked before. I am a bit scared though that it will push me to like things I don't like only because I can like them without counting ?

Sometimes a post is worthy of two likes. This headache of a post would be one of those times. :yes:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.