Like what you want

4 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Sometimes a post is worthy of two likes. This headache of a post would be one of those times. :yes:

Then I'll gladly provide that second like for you.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

A hate button in any section would be terrible. There is way too much hate in this world as it is,

Not if done right. A hate button could hide threads and/or posts for an individual. It doesn't have to be something others see. 

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Not if done right. A hate button could hide threads and/or posts for an individual. It doesn't have to be something others see. 

There is the ignore feature for that, and hate in any form is not cool.:)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

What might be nice is the ability to hide individual threads, so they don't show up in the forums or Minispy. I for instance generally stay out of the Religion Discussion thread, and would love to have the temptation removed to check it out occasionally. So I'd love the ability to hide that particular thread.

3 minutes ago, DConnell said:

What might be nice is the ability to hide individual threads, so they don't show up in the forums or Minispy. I for instance generally stay out of the Religion Discussion thread, and would love to have the temptation removed to check it out occasionally. So I'd love the ability to hide that particular thread.

I think this might be what you're after.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I think this might be what you're after.

Not quite - what I'm thinking of would be a bit more granular. Not simply hiding sections, but particular threads. I don't necessarily want to hide an entire section, just certain threads that I'd rather not bother with.

• Like 2

on skivers point, it works fairly well, except for one aspect, it doesnt seem to carry over to all devices you use on the same user account it seems. suspect its not profile centric, but once you have set them same hide and minispy exclusion its works a treat.

I had to check who was the OP to start with, I thought someone wa shaving a hissy fit :p

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

There is the ignore feature for that, and hate in any form is not cool.:)

Let me know when and how I can hide individual posts or threads with it. 

Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Thanks. 

This is as good as you can do, but you can code CSS right..:)

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

This is as good as you can do, but you can code CSS right..:)

Just...no. CSS has no bearing here. The suggestion to hide something with cascading style sheets on the client side is a ludicrous suggestion and not at all viable. 

I am fully aware of the exclude feature. It's not at all what I said and you missed the point because you have some strange aversion to a "hate" button despite my showing a very real use for one that is not at all antagonizing or insulting to others. 

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Just...no. CSS has no bearing here. The suggestion to hide something with cascading style sheets on the client side is a ludicrous suggestion and not at all viable. 

It has been done in the past and the OP is about Like and not Hate..Nuff said.

Just now, Gary7 said:

It has been done in the past and the OP is about Like and not Hate..Nuff said.

It has not been done in the past to hide individual posts and threads. Nuff said. 

30 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Thanks. 

Blocking the Politics forum is probably a good place to start ... :rofl: