Like what you want

I don't understand some of the attitudes, if you don't like certain threads/people/posts just ignore them.   If you like them, read and participate if you want, if not, ignore them, simple.  Why the fuss for goodness sake.  Why let emotions make oneself unreasonable and argumentative.  I see and read things (on Neowin) that make me angry and I may respond, but I have no desire to shut it down. (Unless, of course, it involves breaking the rules.)  If you can't deal with the good and the bad on the same terms, blame yourself and let others be, live and let live.

Peace!

And to @Steven P.  Thank you.   :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Raze said:

I don't understand some of the attitudes, if you don't like certain threads/people/posts just ignore them.   If you like them, read and participate if you want, if not, ignore them, simple.  Why the fuss for goodness sake.  Why let emotions make oneself unreasonable and argumentative.  I see and read things (on Neowin) that make me angry and I may respond, but I have no desire to shut it down. (Unless, of course, it involves breaking the rules.)  If you can't deal with the good and the bad on the same terms, blame yourself and let others be, live and let live.

Peace!

Raze, the voice of reason.  :)

1 hour ago, Raze said:

Peace!

So why does it bother you so much about the concerns of others? You could just do like you say and ignore it ;)

9 hours ago, DConnell said:

Not quite - what I'm thinking of would be a bit more granular. Not simply hiding sections, but particular threads. I don't necessarily want to hide an entire section, just certain threads that I'd rather not bother with.

Hopefully, that feature will be included in version 5. Unless this gets upgraded to next minor version.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TAZMINATOR said:

Hopefully, that feature will be included in version 5. Unless this gets upgraded to next minor version.

Right now IPB will always be behind: Xenforo have this very feature for a long time from what I understand.

Just now, Danielx64 said:

Right now IPB will always be behind: Xenforo have this very feature for a long time from what I understand.

I know. phpBB as well.    I am sure an add-on can be added in matter of minutes in order to get it up and running. I guess Dave is working on it or he could wait for version 5.. Who knows. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

So why does it bother you so much about the concerns of others? You could just do like you say and ignore it ;)

Apparently you missed this from my post.   "I see and read things (on Neowin) that make me angry and I may respond, but I have no desire to shut it down."

And I was responding about the attitudes not the concerns.

Concerns - Having the site tools I can use to control what appears when viewing the site.

Attitudes - Complaining about about others alleged abuse of the system.  And using the term "hate".

There is a difference.

;)

Edited by Raze
  • Like 4