• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Xbox Live Gold subscriptions will be $10 more expensive for Canadian gamers from the end of February

Andrew    2,861

Monday, 30 January 2017 04:47 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Xbox Live adds to the Canadian gamer’s bills.

The price of Xbox Live Gold subscriptions is going up in Canada as of February 28.

According to emails received by multiple members of /r/xboxone, the RRP of 12 month Xbox Live Gold subscriptions will increase from CAD$59.99 to CAD$69.99.

If you live in Canada and plan to stay with Xbox Live, it’s probably a good idea to renew now and save yourself a few bucks, although it’s worth remembering that retailers often offer steep discounts on Xbox Live Gold subscription cards, which can be much cheaper than buying direct from Microsoft.

Continues...

-----

Also:

Xbox Live Gold prices set to double in India

Newsbrief: The price of both monthly and yearly Xbox Live Gold memberships in India are set to jump significantly at the end of next month, according to reports from Gadgets 360.

Previously, one month of Xbox Live Gold was sold for ₹350 while one year ran for ₹2,240. As of February 28, both of those prices will nearly double to ₹699 and ₹3,999 respectively.

Converted to USD, this would roughly equate to a monthly membership jumping from $5.16 to $10.31 and a yearly from $33.04 to $58.99.

Continues...

Vandalsquad    515

Surprised its taken so long after the tanking CAD over the past several years, still cheaper than the USD price and AUD price.

dipsylalapo    1,776

I  don't know what it's like in other countries but in UK at least, there are so many other places to buy the sub that aren't the full RRP.

Do many people on Neowin buy directly from MS?

Vandalsquad    515
6 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

I  don't know what it's like in other countries but in UK at least, there are so many other places to buy the sub that aren't the full RRP.

Do many people on Neowin buy directly from MS?

Doubtful, can get the code from endless places online for $65AU while it retails for $80AU from Microsoft. Them upping the prices is trying to put a stop to this behavior as I assume a 12 month code bought anywhere can be redeemed anywhere.

• Like 1

George P    5,434

I don't think they are trying to stop anything,  retail can sell at whatever price they like to,  don't have to follow the msrp,  plus I'm sure they buy in bulk from MS and get a good deal.  MS upping the price will just make these retail prices look like a even better deal to people. 

• Like 1