PS4 firmware 4.74

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 6:14 AM, dwLostCat said:

Yeesh their external drive support kinda sucks.  If I turn off/disconnect the drive I shouldn't still see the games on it in the interface ya goofs.

Fortunately, PS4 Pros hard drive is pretty decent anyway so I just uninstalled the extras.

Digital Foundry tested external drive speeds, and were surprised that in some cases, games ran at or, some cases faster off the external drive then internal. 

2 hours ago, Eternal Tempest said:

Digital Foundry tested external drive speeds, and were surprised that in some cases, games ran at or, some cases faster off the external drive then internal. 

That's pretty normal.  I don't know if they tested the ps4 pro (their page isn't loading for me right now) but even the Xbox One X has a terrible hard drive compared to a decent consumer drive on PC.

For now I just decided to put a 256gb SSD on it.  I'll probably get one for my Xbox as well, since I rarely need very many games on the external.

• DrunknMunky unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...

I still wished they handled accounts like they did on the ps3, I have 3 ps3's and my kids can play my bought games on their consoles, saves me a TON of money

I actually saw this on a destiny 2 pre order, a mother had to buy multiple copies of it, so her kids could play it together.

I know it was abused back then, but now, the abuse seems to be more geared towards the paying customer's wallets