IMDb to close their message boards feb

Imdb are actually doing something good for a change, they are closing their troll infested message boards,

the funny thing is i sent them a tweet a few months ago saying they should ditch the message boards as they just full of trolls.

and today i look on imdb and see a message saying the boards are closing soon.

now if only youtube would ditch it's scum infested comments system...the internet would be that little bit cleaner.

now I can't complain about Hollywood political crap :laugh:

Message Boards

IMPORTANT: IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb's message boards on February 20, 2017. This includes the Private Message system. After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide. The decision to retire a long-standing feature was made only after careful consideration and was based on data and traffic.

Edited by Hum

I don't visit many boards but still need to block a number of users to have any decent conversation. A bit disappointed to have the Star Trek forums gone.

53 minutes ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

I don't visit many boards but still need to block a number of users to have any decent conversation. A bit disappointed to have the Star Trek forums gone.

You could create one bespoke to your tasted here.

I can pretty much guarantee within this community, there will be users who share your interests in all manners of Sci Fi, including Star Trek :) 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 2:05 PM, Buttus said:

i didn't even know that imdb had message boards!

+1 

Though sometimes their ratings aren't that good to be honest.

• Like 2

What a shame. I agree they were often a cesspool of hate, idiocy, and just crap in general, but occasionally you stumbled upon a solid discussion by people passionate about the subject. Usually with obscure media. People talking about where to find it. Petitions to get it on DVD (or now Blu-ray). I'm not sure those discussions redeemed IMDb's forums, but they provided value once or twice.

I actually liked browsing the message boards after watching a confusing or tricky movie, to try to help those who were confused, and/or ask questions of my own.

I suppose there's always Reddit, and for a cesspool with some diamonds in the rough, there's still GameFAQs, though the site still looks like nobody told them the '90s ended over 15 years ago. Back in the day, management really did not care about the site as long as it was earning for whomever it was they conned into buying it, and some people had hijacked an old Atari game board (since the system literally made a forum for every single game ever) for custom CSS discussion and whatnot. What was the name of that game/board? Bloodlines? Something with Blood, I'm sure. Anyway, we made it look... acceptable. Somewhat. Anyway, the past is the past, and those of us fortunate enough to, forge ahead. (I tried my hand at running a forum once. And I'm glad it's in the past tense.)