AMD Ryzen CPU lineup leaked, will have 17 versions with the flagship R7 1800X 'Black Edition' CPU at 4GHz

Ryzen should consider integrating the Radeon Mid-Range RX GPU architecture in the next iteration that can substantially increase the value of the CPU rather inferior Irish graphic you get from the i7 series especially DirectX12 can utilize multi-adapter more effectively. :crazy:

1 minute ago, Master of Cell said:

Ryzen should consider integrating the Radeon Mid-Range RX GPU architecture in the next iteration that can substantially increase the value of the CPU rather inferior Irish graphic you get from the i7 series especially DirectX12 can utilize multi-adapter.

You're thinking of Raven Ridge which will (probably) launch towards the end of the year.

Just now, Luc2k said:

You're thinking of Raven Ridge which will (probably) launch towards the end of the year.

Raven Ridge CPU is not as fast as Summit Ridge so it's aimed squarely at notebook segment that designed with a long battery in mind.

22 minutes ago, Master of Cell said:

Raven Ridge CPU is not as fast as Summit Ridge so it's aimed squarely at notebook segment that designed with a long battery in mind.

There will be desktop variants like all their APUs. Regardless, and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that the technology is in a spot where a iGPU is more than dead weight when paired with a high-end CPU.

A upper mid-range+ Summit Ridge plus top-end iGPU wouldn't maintain the 2/3 CPU/GPU price sweet spot. As for multi-adapter, you'd get a better price/performance ratio (and software support) when going CPU + dGPU rather than same CPU with iGPU + less powerful dGPU.

We'll get there, but it will take time, research and money. Also, I'm rooting for Vulkan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I won't lie, I don't understand, if indeed a fake or hoax news.

Personally I hope not, as amd does need an overdue update, and I was looking forward to what the 'paperwork' was claiming it would bring to the table.

It's impossible to say without AMD actually releasing more info.  There's nothing to go on but rumors and arch info right now.  It's a bit strange considering the processor will launch within the month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luc2k said:

I don't believe that the technology is in a spot where a iGPU is more than dead weight when paired with a high-end CPU.

Some people still rely mainly on the CPU and gaming is an afterthought, and DX12(/Vulkan?) multi GPU tech is better with different GPUs so it could be useful for some.  Maybe, maybe not, but it could be.  HSA tech could also be more useful down the line though I wouldn't buy a processor for it yet.

Intel seems to be worry and plans on launching two new processors:

• We first find the Core i7 7740 K. It has 8 MB of L3, a 4.30 GHz base frequency (100 MHz more than the Core i7 7700K) at the cost of a higher TDP (> 100W against 91W). Turbo frequency is not known, but should logically be 4.60 GHz.
  • One of the other sample takes the name of Core i5 7640 K. At first glance, this was also a speed bump of the Core i5 7600 K: Quad Core, 6 MB of L3, 4.0 GHz frequency for 7640 K against 3.8 GHz for the 7600 K. Side TDP, he would also climb over 100W. But there is a lot more interesting: the Core i5 7640K would have the active SMT (Hyper-threading), a first for a Core i5 Desktop. This change deeply upsets the segmentation of the various "Core". So far, the Core i5 stood precisely the Core i7 by the absence of Hyper-threading.

https://www.cpchardware.com/intel-prepare-la-riposte-a-ryzen/

hopefully AMD deliver performance and price.... i really want AMD to be competitive, the timing its right. Intel refreshed its lineup AMD should be able to react to offer something better and affordable.

AMD has nothing on Intel. Years of bringing successful chips to the market, and continuing to improve them will keep them #1. I work in a DC, there's a reason why I only see Intel chips. We got rid of our AMD because their service was crap, and their products under performed for the same price as Intel. I can say for a fact that Intel is going to drop new CPUs this year rocking 32 Cores, 64 threads. AMD can't even build a decent desktop processor..

56 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

AMD has nothing on Intel. Years of bringing successful chips to the market, and continuing to improve them will keep them #1. I work in a DC, there's a reason why I only see Intel chips. We got rid of our AMD because their service was crap, and their products under performed for the same price as Intel. I can say for a fact that Intel is going to drop new CPUs this year rocking 32 Cores, 64 threads. AMD can't even build a decent desktop processor..

While you're listing Intel's experience, don't take anti-competitive practices from them, as that played no small part in AMD's ability to compete. Also, mind sharing proof to go along with that "fact". Regardless, AMD's server CPUs will also have up to 32/64 core/thread count and are slated for Q2 2017, so whoop dee doo.

Maybe it's just me, but you sound bitter about the whole thing.

Edited by Luc2k
  • Like 1

I would love to show proof of them, however there are no markings on them, and I've already released the server back to the customer. They were labeled Intel Confidential however I don't think I have that picture anymore. ESX should tell me, I'll look once the bosses go home, bit temperamental when people mess with our NSX servers.

And no, I've just learned my lesson when buying AMD. It never lasts and it always breaks right after warranty. I'm still running a Core 2 Quad 2.66ghz processor, AMD, fat chance!

19 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

I would love to show proof of them, however there are no markings on them, and I've already released the server back to the customer. They were labeled Intel Confidential however I don't think I have that picture anymore. ESX should tell me, I'll look once the bosses go home, bit temperamental when people mess with our NSX servers.

And no, I've just learned my lesson when buying AMD. It never lasts and it always breaks right after warranty. I'm still running a Core 2 Quad 2.66ghz processor, AMD, fat chance!

Something sounds suspicious.

I have rarely heard of processors failing.

32 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

Well, I expected something more official out of curiosity. No need to break NDA or anything, I'll take your word for it. Even so, as far as core/thread count is concerned, it won't be that special when AMD will most likely launch before them.

As for personal experience, I've never saw CPU's breaking after warranty, be they AMD or Intel so I can't relate. Going by the number complaints in the Steam forums whenever a game has issues running due to SSE, I'd say there is a decent number of working Athlon IIs & Phenom IIs out there.

Edited by Luc2k
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, illegaloperation said:

Something sounds suspicious.

I have rarely heard of processors failing.

Me either. I have an old Athalon PC (2007 era?) that my Mom uses. Still works...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Me either. I have an old Athalon PC (2007 era?) that my Mom uses. Still works...

Same here, my old Athlon 1ghz 256MB ram was put into storage (Win ME)

An identical rig I accidentally broke the motherboard trying to upgrade the cpu, my mistake from a lack of understanding (Win ME)

My 1.3 Sempron 512MB ram in storage... (Win ME upgraded to XP)

My Athlon 3.2 X64 6400 Black 6GB ram, is now my son's homework computer (XP - Win 7)

My Athlon 3.0 (6000 I think, 4GB ram) is my daughter's homework computer (XP - Win 7)

All of these need scrapping, but still work to this day.

• Like 1

This leak is  surely fake, Ryzen is due to come out with a minimum clock speed of 3.4GHz which is what AMD said at their event.

EDIT: AMD breaking right after warranty? I'm still running a Phenom 9850 Black Edition from 2008!

1 hour ago, Alera said:

This leak is  surely fake, Ryzen is due to come out with a minimum clock speed of 3.4GHz which is what AMD said at their event.

EDIT: AMD breaking right after warranty? I'm still running a Phenom 9850 Black Edition from 2008!

I've never seen that, my procs all lasted until after I gave away the system (at which point I obviously have no way to know.)

The leaks may or may not be real.  I've the suspicion AMD is leaking old information to hype without spending a lot of money doing it, so once the actual reveal is out there they'll impress people more.

<Thread cleaned>

I have removed an image because of potential legal issues. I'm not a lawyer, but for that reason I think it best to err on the side of caution. (Y)

18 hours ago, illegaloperation said:

Intel seems to be worry and plans on launching two new processors:

• We first find the Core i7 7740 K. It has 8 MB of L3, a 4.30 GHz base frequency (100 MHz more than the Core i7 7700K) at the cost of a higher TDP (> 100W against 91W). Turbo frequency is not known, but should logically be 4.60 GHz.
  • One of the other sample takes the name of Core i5 7640 K. At first glance, this was also a speed bump of the Core i5 7600 K: Quad Core, 6 MB of L3, 4.0 GHz frequency for 7640 K against 3.8 GHz for the 7600 K. Side TDP, he would also climb over 100W. But there is a lot more interesting: the Core i5 7640K would have the active SMT (Hyper-threading), a first for a Core i5 Desktop. This change deeply upsets the segmentation of the various "Core". So far, the Core i5 stood precisely the Core i7 by the absence of Hyper-threading.

https://www.cpchardware.com/intel-prepare-la-riposte-a-ryzen/

These turns out to be Skylake-X processors with socket LGA 2066.

8 minutes ago, illegaloperation said:

Get ready for a lot of whining.

Why is Windows 7 not supported!

It's all greedy M$ fault!

There is nothing to stop someone from installing windows 7, you may have some driver issues or you could get lucky and use windows 8.1 drivers.