AMD Ryzen CPU lineup leaked, will have 17 versions with the flagship R7 1800X 'Black Edition' CPU at 4GHz

Supposed benchmark of the Ryzen 7 1700X:

We finally have some synthetic benchmarks of Ryzen. The CPU used in this test still carries internal codename (AMD Ryzen: ZD3406BAM88F4_38/34_Y), where F4 stands for B-steppings qualification sample, in other words, it shouldn’t be much different from a retail model.

It’s worth noting that Turbo mode for Ryzen CPU is currently disabled (or undetected), so the performance could still theoretically increase. The Ryzen 7 model that was used for this test has a base clock of 3400 MHz. Judging from what we know so far, this means Ryzen 7 1700X, so it is not the fastest Ryzen model out there.

What’s also quite interesting is the fact that Ryzen 7 CPU was tested on .. MSI A320 motherboard, which looks like this. This is an entry-level AM4 motherboard, so we don’t know how did that affect performance, maybe that’s why Turbo mode was undetected in the first place.

Finally the last important thing to note are memory timings (17-17-17-39 2T) @ 2400 MHz. This also could’ve negatively affected the performance, as those timings are not very good.

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-baseline-e148681378371

Passmark benchmark

AMD-Ryzen-Chart-1-1000x625.png

AMD-Ryzen-Chart-2-1000x612.png

AMD-Ryzen-Chart-3-1000x613.png

AMD-Ryzen-Chart-4-1000x613.png

AMD-Ryzen-Chart-5-1000x610.png

AMD-Ryzen-Chart-6-1000x614.png

AMD-Ryzen-Chart-7-1000x618.png

AMD-Ryzen-Chart-8-1000x615.png

AMD-Ryzen-Chart-9-1000x613.png

The following metrics are a comparison between my stock Intel Core i7 6800K and Ryzen (presumably Ryzen 7 1700X):

A side-by-side comparison to my i7 6800K:

2017-02-11-12_30_57-PerformanceTest-9.0-

SiSoft benchmark

We also have the first SiSoft benchmark result. The 16-thread Ryzen CPU is ranked at a 2513th position. The qualification was labeled as excellent performance. The test was performed in Multi-media processing.

AMD-Ryzen-Sisoft-benchmark.png

This gave Ryzen 7 1700X 42nd position in the ranking in this particular test. That’s just under Kabylake Intel Core i7 7700K, which was running 100 MHz above specs.

AMD-Ryzen-7-Multi-media-performance-1000

Source: https://videocardz.com/65825/first-amd-ryzen-7-1700x-benchmarks-are-here

• Like 2

Put this under more rumors.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Ryzen 7 1700X and Ryzen 5 1600X seems to be variations that have XFR (extended frequency range).

Note: Ignore the "PRO" processors. Those are for business class and have longer warranty.

145e38f6d04423e49901763c98e36396ffce2b5a

9d7312ab91d7c638c9760dd5aec3f46ef3c2aa4c

And pretty awesome looking coolers too:

XSX42gD.png

Edited by illegaloperation
  • Like 1

Pretty much anything I've bought from AMD had a ###### cooler included (last build was before they replaced them with Wraith and similar...) now it finally looks like I won't have to grab an aftermarket solution immediately.

Maybe I'll still try water cooling again at some point, but not soon.

3 hours ago, LostCat said:

Pretty much anything I've bought from AMD had a ###### cooler included (last build was before they replaced them with Wraith and similar...) now it finally looks like I won't have to grab an aftermarket solution immediately.

Maybe I'll still try water cooling again at some point, but not soon.

AMD should sell processor and liquid cooling system bundle.

Looks pretty strong to me too. :yes: And certainly they'll be pushing several firmware updates that will help the Ryzen's efficiency and pull more computing power from it. I'm still concerned about the stock cooling though. I wouldn't be comfortable with it running on air, so it'd be aftermarket liquid cooling for me as well. Those temperatures (in Celsius??) look pretty high to me.

And I'm not going to jump in with first-gen, either. I want AMD to get another, refined release of this architecture out the door and then I'll buy in. :) Might be some issues they have to fix.

Looks solid though. Gotta hand it to them -- I like what I see. (Y) 

15 hours ago, LostCat said:

Updated rumors on the price list front

http://techreport.com/news/31427/rumor-full-ryzen-spec-and-price-list-leaks

(Normally I'd link to the source, but the source likes making a mess of things.)

If these are the real prices for Ryzen and benchmarks confirm what we suspect, it is hard to see anyone picking Intel over AMD until the 8th gen Core architecture arrives. Prices are just unreal :)

2 hours ago, Yogurth said:

If these are the real prices for Ryzen and benchmarks confirm what we suspect, it is hard to see anyone picking Intel over AMD until the 8th gen Core architecture arrives. Prices are just unreal :)

People are generally slow to let go of a preferred brand, and a lot of things about Zen are still unknown until the actual release.

I just find it weird that people are acting like AMD has to price exactly like their competition does or they'll go under, when if they do that they won't sell a single proc.

59 minutes ago, LostCat said:

People are generally slow to let go of a preferred brand, and a lot of things about Zen are still unknown until the actual release.

I just find it weird that people are acting like AMD has to price exactly like their competition does or they'll go under, when if they do that they won't sell a single proc.

Well, some people buy this no matter the price... So price differences won't matter that much..

On 2/7/2017 at 7:49 PM, The Evil Overlord said:

Same here, my old Athlon 1ghz 256MB ram was put into storage (Win ME)

An identical rig I accidentally broke the motherboard trying to upgrade the cpu, my mistake from a lack of understanding (Win ME)

My 1.3 Sempron 512MB ram in storage... (Win ME upgraded to XP)

My Athlon 3.2 X64 6400 Black 6GB ram, is now my son's homework computer (XP - Win 7)

My Athlon 3.0 (6000 I think, 4GB ram) is my daughter's homework computer (XP - Win 7)

All of these need scrapping, but still work to this day.

My two prime testing notebooks are old mobile Athy IIs - one with nVidia nForce chipset, and one with AMD's own SB (Radeon Vision) chipset - the latter being my original Hyper-V test platform for Windows 8.x/10 (and led to sending my desktop in the same direction).  Where AMD comes in is price - period (unfortunately for AMD); when it comes to either price for performance OR straight performance, Intel wins easily (why else would my desktop be based on G3258?).

• Like 1

This post is an editorial. We are including new benchmark results, which should theoretically give you something new to discuss, but pleaseee take it with a grain of salt, as there’s simply not enough data to make any final judgments. 

AMD Ryzen 3DMark Physics

Okay here’s what you were asking for, but first we need to explain what are we showing here. What’s 3DMark Physics score? Physics score is the reason why we never use Overall 3DMark scores, simply because this value is (obviously) only calculated on the CPU, which is kind of useless when benchmarking GPUs. But if we were to benchmark only CPUs, Physics score suddenly becames interesting. The Fire Strike test is really heavy on GPU and CPU. The phyics part is very CPU intense and it scales nicely with more cores. But who would explain this better than the 3DMark authors themselves:

Physics test
3DMark Fire Strike Physics test benchmarks the hardware’s ability to run gameplay physics simulations on the CPU. The GPU load is kept as low as possible to ensure that only the CPU is stressed. The Bullet Open Source Physics Library is used as the physics library for the test.
The test has 32 simulated worlds. One thread per available CPU core is used to run simulations. All physics are computed on CPU with soft body vertex data updated to GPU each frame.

Legend:

AMD Ryzen: ZD3406BAM88F4_38/34_Y — Eight-Core CPU

AMD Ryzen: ZD3301BBM6IF4_37/33_Y — Six-Core CPU

AMD Ryzen: ZD3201BBM4KF4_34/32_Y — Quad-Core CPU

AMD-Ryzen-3DMark-Physics-Score.png

I think the next chart is far my important. Notice how close all Ryzen CPUs are to each other if we take single-thread performance. Kabylake CPUs really are doing better here, but since Ryzen offers more cores, that difference suddenly becomes unimportant.

The lesson from this is simple. We can finally start benchmarking GPUs with Ryzen.

AMD-Ryzen-3DMark-Physics-Score-PER-CORE.

https://videocardz.com/65913/how-fast-is-ryzen

5 hours ago, PGHammer said:

My two prime testing notebooks are old mobile Athy IIs - one with nVidia nForce chipset, and one with AMD's own SB (Radeon Vision) chipset - the latter being my original Hyper-V test platform for Windows 8.x/10 (and led to sending my desktop in the same direction).  Where AMD comes in is price - period (unfortunately for AMD); when it comes to either price for performance OR straight performance, Intel wins easily (why else would my desktop be based on G3258?).

My whole defence argument is the amd's cost vs performance, I agree with you, the fx series aren't as good as some i5's not even counting i7's, but they shine in the fact that they're not bad, and don't cost all that much. In some respects, (another member here mentioned, and I also agree with) due to the cheap and simpleton nature of an amd chip, video conversion and server setups are more effective. Granted, Intel beats them everywhere else.

I could say 'I wish I had the money to build 2 identical rigs' just so I could load up some uber game or maybe even a cad program' so I could see for myself the actual load and work time for a specific project, and upload a video, but then I'd bet some would cry foul or clever editing.

Sorry if that didn't make sense.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

My whole defence argument is the amd's cost vs performance, I agree with you, the fx series aren't as good as some i5's not even counting i7's, but they shine in the fact that they're not bad, and don't cost all that much. In some respects, (another member here mentioned, and I also agree with) due to the cheap and simpleton nature of an amd chip, video conversion and server setups are more effective. Granted, Intel beats them everywhere else.

I could say 'I wish I had the money to build 2 identical rigs' just so I could load up some uber game or maybe even a cad program' so I could see for myself the actual load and work time for a specific project, and upload a video, but then I'd bet some would cry foul or clever editing.

Sorry if that didn't make sense.

Oh yes , the FX processors are bad unless you are looking for space heaters.

1 hour ago, AnotherITguy said:

I am going to make a prediction, this is AMD ATHLON 64 Part II. Sad that the sequel took about a decade to make.

AMD is going to make gaming great again!

8 minutes ago, AnotherITguy said:

AMD is going to build a wall to keep Intel out.  #AMDMGGA (AMD Making gaming great again) /s

Not only that, but it's going to be a beautiful wall and Intel is going to pay for it. lol

So, all these benchmarks were conducted on engineers samples, since review units are just being sent out? AFAIK engineer samples have been confirmed to have had bugs that affected performance.

4 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

So, all these benchmarks were conducted on engineers samples, since review units are just being sent out? AFAIK engineer samples have been confirmed to have had bugs that affected performance.

Bugs? aye it's phenom all over again :/ 

• Like 1

The Ryzen 7 1700 is a fascinating processor... a CPU that can match a $1K intel product, and with a 65 watt TDP compared to the 140 watt TDP of Intel's LGA2011 lineup... AMD have made some impressive headway with these processors, and I'll be ordering a setup with one as soon as I can.

Also, news about Ryzen has been conspicuously absent from this site's front page. Is this site becoming a mouthpiece for Intel and Microsoft?