Stop Samsung Galaxy phones from waking on full charge

So this is a real annoyance with my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ There only appear to be a few ways to disable this behavior, but they almost all require rooting.

Since mine is a T-Mobile US variant (with unlock code) rooting it screwed with KNOX and OTA updates, so I reverted it to factory (there also aren't any decent stock Android 6.0.1 roms that I can see for the G928T) hopefully once Nougat starts landing for the phone someone will make a clean rom that I can use, and I'll attempt root again.

Anyway, what I have found that works, is using Lucid Daydream with the following settings:

Screenshot_20170205-102459.png

You still get a brief 'flash', but it is suppressed because the screen doesn't actually "wake" at all. The "100% charged" animation happens in the dimmed Lucid daydream state, and is much less annoying if you have it on a stand on your desk. To be more clear, the animation happens through the black screen state of Lucid daydream being active.

I'm using an official Samsung Fast charging stand, and I also notice that the notification eventually stops on it's own and the LED on the stand goes green (not sure what this means as I haven't looked it up yet). Previously I was using the stand with a Moto G4 Plus (with a wireless adapter pad) so the green light is a new one for me :p

Lucid Daydream does cost $1.49 or €0.99 but you can run it for up to 30 mins at a time for testing to see if this works for you before buying.

Disclaimer: Neowin has no affiliation with Lucid Daydream dev, and I'm not posting this for sponsorship or anything, just as an fyi for a frustrating experience!

If you have better fixes to suppress the 100% charged screen, please post!

• Like 1