Hitman first season issue

47 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

You bought it from retailer.  Retailer has a contract with you.  Product is not working.  Retailer does have a problem.

What NTNik said

They've failed to uphold the advertised product you purchased, (missing content)

Demand a full refund.

Contact whichever consumer trading standards agency that is relevant within your state

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Have you tried contacting IO Interactive? Or even contacting IO / SE via Twitter?

I didnt contact ioi. Have emailed them now. Did contact se through email

52 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

What NTNik said

They've failed to uphold the advertised product you purchased, (missing content)

Demand a full refund.

Contact whichever consumer trading standards agency that is relevant within your state

will demand one but first i will see whether ioi responds or not

1 minute ago, wendy oltman said:

will demand one but first i will see whether ioi responds or not

You don't need to.

You paid for this, they aren't doing you any special favours.

If you happen to resolve this with a working replacement, or a refund, you can simply tell ioi the matter's been resolved.

• Like 2

I genuinely don't understand how we get here.  And this isn't directed at you - we get this a lot on the boards, how people just accept being fobbed off.

Keep pushing the seller, they have a contract with you that they are not fulfilling.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2017 at 6:13 AM, wendy oltman said:

i didnt try that. Will contact them right now. I was so confused when my account got deleted for no reason

Most likely they'll refer you to Squeenix.  You could try the official Hitman or Squeenix Twitter accounts.

5 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

You bought it from retailer.  Retailer has a contract with you.  Product is not working.  Retailer does have a problem.

If the package was unopened, it's not on the retailer, that's on Squeenix.

That said you could possibly return the game for another copy because it doesn't work.  But they can't help directly with the code.

7 hours ago, soniqstylz said:

When you buy a product from the retail channel, the contract is firstly between yourself and the retailer.

9 hours ago, soniqstylz said:

Most likely they'll refer you to Squeenix.  You could try the official Hitman or Squeenix Twitter accounts.

That said you could possibly return the game for another copy because it doesn't work.  But they can't help directly with the code.

Not true. GameStop repackages things when returned. Or at least they used to years ago. Unopened  doesn't mean unused.