FOSS Force Best Linux Distro Award: The Envelope Please...

20 minutes ago, Xilo said:

Then don't use it.

I'm speaking for the general population, not myself.

Some people don't like Arch.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:01 PM, Boo Berry said:

Arch <3

indeed. next week my arch installation will have its first birthday. young for arch but when i installed it first i expected way more trouble through its rolling release base. has turned out to be so far from the truth. i had more issues with (k)ubuntu. and the wiki is awesome. offers one solution for every problem and even more. donated 10euros to arch foundation. that was the highest amount of money i ever donated. well deserved. 

On 2/8/2017 at 5:40 PM, Mindovermaster said:

Yeah, but not everybody likes Arch...

some people don't like bread. it happens. however i find it still impressive the result. arch is basically the elite of the elite. i would have expected ubuntu or manjaro on top given their popularity. but maybe popularity != quality?

3 hours ago, simonlang said:

indeed. next week my arch installation will have its first birthday. young for arch but when i installed it first i expected way more trouble through its rolling release base. has turned out to be so far from the truth. i had more issues with (k)ubuntu. and the wiki is awesome. offers one solution for every problem and even more. donated 10euros to arch foundation. that was the highest amount of money i ever donated. well deserved. 

some people don't like bread. it happens. however i find it still impressive the result. arch is basically the elite of the elite. i would have expected ubuntu or manjaro on top given their popularity. but maybe popularity != quality?

I'm just a Debian man. *ubuntu, straight Debian, Mint, etc. apt-get is my thing. :p

j/w, though... Are you using pacman or yaourt?

1 minute ago, Mindovermaster said:

j/w, though... Are you using pacman or yaourt?

pacman and (former yaourt) and now pacaur