Microsoft Plus for Xp

Here is the exact error I get when I install

"Error 1309. Error reading from file: C:Plus! for Win xpcommonmicrosoft sharedMicrosoft

Plus!1033RegWizUi.dll. Verify that the file exist and that you can access it..

Well I verify the file and it does exist on my computer??

• 2 weeks later...

Well this could be one or two problems:

Either your version of WinXP isn't

Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpclient.010807-1148)

Or you don't have a working version of the Plus Pack

I have devilsown in both areas and it works perfectly.

Originally posted by LiGhTfast  

im using plus and its crap tbh, nothing good about it except the space theme and new screensavers

What different couloured taskbars are there?

It's a load of c**p, I downloaded it for the sake of downloading it, I have a cable modem and I thought I'd might as well give it a go. There's not much stuff actually on there, it's a waste of time downloading it to be honest.

And another thing, if you have onboard graphics then 4 fifths of it don't work as they require a 16Mb+ graphics card.

The bowling game is a piece of #$^*. It's not even the full version. There is like 10 'lanes' or something like that but if you choose any 8 out of the 10 you are re-directed to the website where you can purchase the game. The only lanes you are provided with are classic (a boring straight line), and a roman one or something. Why would M$ package free demos in software and then charge $35.00 for it?

Also I think there was some other things that required purchases I can't remember what though as I un-installed this piece of crap a long time ago. The main reason I even d/led Plus! (to try it out of course) was to get the new color themes I heard about (redmond ruby or something), I was dissapointed when they were nowhere to be found.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use WinXP Plus...yeah nothing difference just a bunch of more useless features.

If you want the themes and screensavers from Windows XP I happily will give it to you...don't buy the XP Plus it's waste of money, I don't buy it either, I got it the cheeky way.

Originally posted by aco

Does Plus! allow a transperant taskbar?

No...you can use WinCustomizer for XP though to do that.