Having 2 Issues With ASUS ROG Laptop - Need Help

I have a Republic Of Gamers Laptop from Asus that was given to me not that long ago. The model is G75V I also see G75VW-BBK5.

The two problems I have are the following

#1 The BIOS - I want to update the BIOS because it is several versions behind. The problem is I cannot update it due to the battery always being at 5% or below. The Battery must be damaged as it never gets past 5% and the update requires that the battery be at a minimum of 20%. The is really ticks me off. I wish the battery was not needed as i'm plugged into power.

Is there a way to get around this? I don't have another battery with me. I have looked all over google but cant find a solution.

#2 Intel SSD (may not be an issue) - I want to update the firmware if it is available but I cant find anywhere what is the latest version.

I downloaded the Update Firmware Tool From Intel and burned the ISO to a CD. I ran it and it shows I have an Intel SSD 520 Series 180GB.  
S/N CVCV249305D2180EGN - The firmware version is LCSi

It says that it is up to date (latest version). The drive is running well but I just want to make sure this indeed is the latest firmware. I searched thru google but have found nothing. Very confusing the results. 

That is all and thanks for any help. If the SSD is truly the latest version that is fine but I really want to give the laptop the newest BIOS.

12 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

umm, for #1, can't you flash the BIOS with wall power in?

So you mean without the battery and just plugged in? He says it is needed??

Hi that is the thing. I do have it plugged into the wall but it wont update without the battery at 20% or more. So frustrating

Just now, flynempire said:

Hi that is the thing. I do have it plugged into the wall but it wont update without the battery at 20% or more. So frustrating

But can you take the battery out and use the AC only?

Take the battery out?

I need to have both connected to wall and the battery inserted but the battery is damaged. I want to know if there is a way to bypass the battery to update the BIOS

Umm.... why you need battery to update BIOS? If there';;s nothing there, it won't detect it.

I need to have both connected to wall and the battery inserted but the battery is damaged. I want to know if there is a way to bypass the battery to update the BIOS

short the  battery connections with a wire?? It may think it is there and fully charged..

The program asks for the battery. Cant update without it.

So stupid

Just now, Mindovermaster said:

You should ask for a return. Any laptop that stupid is.... stupid...

Yup! It was free though so I can work with it just wish I could do it

You could probably use the /forceit command  through afudos to flash even with a low battery, I have done this on Dell systems before. Be cautious though.

1 minute ago, flynempire said:

Yup! It was free though so I can work with it just wish I could do it

Not sure why it was called stupid, the feature is a failsafe so you don't brick your device.

Can you give an example of how to implement it?

2 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

You could probably use the /forceit command  through afudos to flash even with a low battery, I have done this on Dell systems before. Be cautious though.

Not sure why it was called stupid, the feature is a failsafe so you don't brick your device.

It's stupid because if you are wall powered, you shouldn't have a problem, like 90% of the time.

here is a link with a support article, just remember you will need to use the /forceit command.

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000006929.html

4 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

It's stupid because if you are wall powered, you shouldn't have a problem, like 90% of the time.

So the other 10% of the time results in a brick? Again it is a failsafe and if you find that feature "stupid," that is your choice, but you might not have an understanding of how or why things are what they are.

2 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

So the other 10% of the time results in a brick? Again it is a failsafe and if you find that feature "stupid," that is your choice, but you might not have an understanding of how or why things are what they are.

The other 10%, power outage, lightning strike, kid pulls the plug, etc.

Failsafe, sure, but both me and Gary didn't know that. So he's dumb now?

Typically I can understand why they want the battery in there in case the power goes out a charged battery can continue to allow the update but still wish it was different

Just now, Mindovermaster said:

I don't think he meant that, but it is better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

In no way did he imply that.

43 minutes ago, flynempire said:

I*

You could try updating the bios in a different way, different software maybe. Some systems you can update directly from within the bios by either USB or hard disk. To be honest though I'd have a look to see what issues have been fixed since your current bios was released, it might not even be worth doing.