Can we please have Razvan Serea Held accountable for his unprofessional behavior?

Yes I am calling on Steven to sack this guy.

My reason is that he doesn't respond to any of the comments on his articles and if he does he get defensive about it.

He also steals by doing a copy and paste without any original content.

Also https://www.neowin.net/news/condusivs-ssdkeeper-extends-ssds-lifespan-keeps-windows-pcs-running-like-new#entry597785520 is mostly a copy and paste therefore breaking the following 2 rules:

We expect all articles to be originally written; we have strict guidelines for approvals. You must be proficient in English and grammar. We understand no one is perfect, but we do have high standards in order for a post to be approved on the main page.

You need to be able to bite your tongue when negative criticism occurs. It happens from time to time, but remember you represent Neowin on and off this site.

Sorry but this needed to be said since neowin could get into trouble if the copy and paste continue and I am sure that others will not put up with crappy articles.

Thank you.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Yes I am calling on Steven to sack this guy.

My reason is that he doesn't respond to any of the comments on his articles and if he does he get defensive about it.

He also steals by doing a copy and paste without any original content.

Also https://www.neowin.net/news/condusivs-ssdkeeper-extends-ssds-lifespan-keeps-windows-pcs-running-like-new#entry597785520 is mostly a copy and paste therefore breaking the following 2 rules:

Sorry but this needed to be said since neowin could get into trouble if the copy and paste continue and I am sure that others will not put up with crappy articles.

Thank you.

I think you may be asked to take this up with the higher ups privately.

Just now, Elliot B. said:

Exactly, use the report function or PM them directly. No good will come of this being in the public.

2 minutes ago, Elliot B. said:

I already have contacted the author in private. Unless you mean talk to Steve in private.

If that the case but sorry but I will not put up with this censorship bullying.

8 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

I already have contacted the author in private. Unless you mean talk to Steve in private.

If that the case but sorry but I will not put up with this censorship bullying.

I feel it's equally unprofessional to discuss this in public.

No good can come from this. Just ignore his articles and move on. That's what I do. I imagine Neowin has analytics setup for the articles bringing in the most activity. This problem will resolve itself in time if that's the case. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elliot B. said:

Pretty sure it is against the rules as well. @Danielx64 you also dont need to run to steven for everything, there are plenty of other moderators to work with, something known as the chain of command.

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I imagine Neowin has analytics setup for the articles bringing in the most activity. This problem will resolve itself in time if that's the case. 

I hope that is the case

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

No good can come from this. Just ignore his articles and move on. That's what I do. I imagine Neowin has analytics setup for the articles bringing in the most activity. This problem will resolve itself in time if that's the case. 

I do feel Razvan's articles have lacked a lot, lately.

However, I equally feel Danielx64's current reporting method isn't ideal.

4 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Pretty sure it is against the rules as well. @Danielx64 you also dont need to run to steven for everything, there are plenty of other moderators to work with, something known as the chain of command.

How would I be breaking the rules?

11 minutes ago, Elliot B. said:

Why not?

We aren't discussing a moderator's decision here (which is against the house rules).

This thread is about an author and I don't recall that's ever happened here before.

3 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

How would I be breaking the rules?

You're publicly calling another member out. A general rule here is to take it up with a staff member via PM, not make a thread about it. You've also posted in other parts of the forum saying, "I am going to get someone sacked." Like you are targeting them.  If this were more of a general thread, with something like "I feel the quality of front page news articles has declined, here are some examples of pieces that either break the rules or provide bad information and suggestions."

6 minutes ago, Elliot B. said:

I do feel Razvan's articles have lacked a lot, lately.

However, I equally feel Danielx64's current reporting method isn't ideal.

Sorry but you know what happens when nothing goes public? Nothing gets done and no action is taken because there is no pressure from the public.

2 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Sorry but you know what happens when nothing goes public? Nothing gets done and no action is taken because there is no pressure from the public.

Pure nonsense. There's plenty of checks and balances you have no idea about that go on internally. Staff are constantly held accountable for their performance and actions. You're simply a thorn in their side right now with the way you go about complaining here. Perhaps when you're warned you can asked to see how the hierarchy works around here and who to go to. Tip: it's easily accessible.

2 minutes ago, shockz said:

Pure nonsense. There's plenty of checks and balances you have no idea about that go on internally. Staff are constantly held accountable for their performance and actions. You're simply a thorn in their side right now with the way you go about complaining here. Perhaps when you're warned you can asked to see how the hierarchy works around here and who to go to. Tip: it's easily accessible.

So how did the article even make it out then?

@Danielx64, if I may make a suggestion, it might be better to share your opinion in the remarks section of the article along with the many others who have been criticizing the report.  It would carry more weight with the other unfavorable responses to the article.

Edited by Andrew

1 minute ago, Danielx64 said:

It may have slipped through, a mistake perhaps.  Staff are not perfect and most are volunteers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raze said:

@Danielx64, if I may make a suggestion, it might be better to share your opinion in the remarks section of the article along with the many others who have been criticizing the report.  It would carry more weight with the other unfavorable responses to the article.

Thank you for the suggestion :)

Edited by Andrew

Just now, Danielx64 said:

Thank you for the suggestion :)

You're welcome.   Please remember Neowin is a very open place, Staff work hard to keep it operating.   There are right and wrong ways to address a situation.  Whenever you have a concern contact a Staff Member, Neowin Staff Members are the most accessible I have ever encountered online.   :yes:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Yeah well that action isn't going to be what you are expecting...

23 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Mistakes happen? Not to mention, you tend to be quite OCD on operational issues here, I imagine most of his articles aren't as bad as you're making them out to be, or the style of articles he's writing on are meeting expectations. Either way, lambasting someone in this manner on this type of site isn't needed. This is mostly a volunteer site, with news staff making virtually nothing compared to professional sites, start understanding that.

Last I remember, it was on average $4 an article. I'm not expecting perfection on that salary.

Also, when I was senior editor here, the software section has quite different reqiurements compared to the main news page, and as long as properly sourced, C&P wasn't discouraged for that section, I imagine not much has changed in that regard... there's only so many ways to regurgitate a software update, not to mention the copy and pasting you're questioning is basically the marketing material.

Edited by shockz

4 minutes ago, shockz said:

Mistakes happen? Not to mention, you tend to be quite OCD on operational issues here, I imagine most of his articles aren't as bad as you're making them out to be, or the style of articles he's writing on are meeting expectations. Either way, lambasting someone in this manner on this type of site isn't needed. This is mostly a volunteer site, with news staff making virtually nothing compared to professional sites, start understanding that. Last I remember, it was on average $4 an article. I'm not expecting perfection on that salary. Also, the software section has quite different reqiurements compared to the main news page.  

Screenshot_2017-02-12-05-32-32.png

2 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Screenshot_2017-02-12-05-32-32.png

Software section doesn't follow the same guidelines as main page articles. Software section was designed to pull in search engine hits and probably has some sponsored/paid for articles. Not to mention he's sourcing the content, which is basically the marketing material. Much ado over nothing, and it's been this way since 2001. Next. Those guidelines you're quoting aren't intended for the software section.

• Like 2

• Andrew locked this topic