Can we please have Razvan Serea Held accountable for his unprofessional behavior?

4 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

So it OK to copy someone's else work?

You're comparing apples to oranges. This is software marketing materials, sourced directly from site. If sourced, there is zero issue. Until 2008/09, Neowin used to be a glorified RSS reader, and yes, it was all copy and paste, side-wide, and if the article is sourced, then their really isn't any issue. Not sure how I can explain it any different. You're making nothing into something.

13 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

So it OK to copy someone's else work?

Treat it like spam for crap software. Neowin isn't taking credit for writing it. They are just pushing spam which is reason to ignore it. 

Topic cleaned and closed.

Thank you for the feedback Danielx64. I think this could have been handled better overall, but if the News Editors / Admins need more info, I'm sure they'll be along to reply or PM you for more info. Unfortunately I can't keep the topic open due to unrelated problems which will no doubt continue if the topic were left open.

• Like 2

• DrunknMunky locked this topic

I wanted to make a reply for the record, rather than people assuming we ignored this topic. Razvan has been updating the Software section since 2005, and this is the first complaint I've had about the guy. Software news (due to its very different nature than our main news coverage) doesn't fall under the same editorial guidelines as the main news does.

Plus,, Razvan has been keeping us updated for over 11 years, if he doesn't respond to one of your comments, that must mean he is busy with his real life somewhere, since he also has a job and a life outside of Neowin.

So no, he isn't getting "sacked".