USB Type B to... USB Type B Adaptor?

I have an issue whereby I am lumbered with one of those USB type B cables that has a slighly larger connection than the 'conventional' kind.

Picture here of the cable I have http://imgur.com/5O7qBXs

Picture here of what I'm referring to as the more common conventional type B: http://imgur.com/faswKzw

For reasons beyond my control I can't replace it and can't buy the correct kind. What I'm looking for is an adaptor that would take this connection in (so female at one end) with the correct, smaller Type B male connection at the other end that would go into the device.

I've searched eBay to no avail. Does such an adaptor exist and if so, does anyone know where it can be found? UK-based would be ideal.

Thank you for any help.

So that's actually the cable that I have been lumbered with.

Whereas the device I need to connect it to has this input connection (i.e. the conventional USB type B port): USB-port.jpg

Therefore, what I'm looking for is an adaptor that will allow me to use the cable that you've posted with the input port shown in the picture.

Thanks.

Of course, I completely understand that but unfortunately that isn't an option as the cable we have is what we have to work with. It's a very specific colour, sourced from the other side of the planet for our client to match the rest of his setup. And we can't find the same coloured standard USB type 2 cable hence our option is to look for an adaptor. None of us can find that adaptor unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, cr0ss said:

Of course, I completely understand that but unfortunately that isn't an option as the cable we have is what we have to work with. It's a very specific colour, sourced from the other side of the planet for our client to match the rest of his setup. And we can't find the same coloured standard USB type 2 cable hence our option is to look for an adaptor. None of us can find that adaptor unfortunately.

huh?

40 minutes ago, cr0ss said:

What color are you looking for? I imagine finding an adapter is going to be difficult. Have you or the company you work for, thought about shrink wrapping a cable to match his setup rather than find an adapter? Simple fix and will surely be easier than finding this obscure adapter. It would help if you could tell us what it is you guys are attempting to do, adding gender changers and adapters is not always the best solution. What is it, you are trying to connect together? Anyways, I have found what I think is the adapter you need http://www.cooldrives.com/index.php/usb-3-0-gender-changer-usb-2-0-type-b-male-to-usb-3-0-type-b-female.html

img_0403_2.jpg

img_0408.jpg

img_0409.jpg

15 minutes ago, Buttus said:

so that's a USB 3.0 type B male, so you need a USB 3.0 type B female to USB 2.0 type B male?

From what I gather, he currently has a USB 3.0 B type(superspeed) and wants an adapter to convert that into, USB B type.

52 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

What color are you looking for? I imagine finding an adapter is going to be difficult. Have you or the company you work for, thought about shrink wrapping a cable to match his setup rather than find an adapter? Simple fix and will surely be easier than finding this obscure adapter. It would help if you could tell us what it is you guys are attempting to do, adding gender changers and adapters is not always the best solution. What is it, you are trying to connect together? Anyways, I have found what I think is the adapter you need http://www.cooldrives.com/index.php/usb-3-0-gender-changer-usb-2-0-type-b-male-to-usb-3-0-type-b-female.html

From what I gather, he currently has a USB 3.0 B type(superspeed) and wants an adapter to convert that into, USB B type.

That's correct. Thanks very much, I'll get the adaptor.

We are trying to connect together a laptop and a piece of studio recording equipment, namely a mixer with integrated effects console so that anything processed through it can be recording directly to the laptop as a .wav.

Shrink wrapping, whilst an option, would be the last resort. We had the cable specifically manufactured to match the colours of the client's recording label and the manufacturer mistakenly used the wrong connection despite being sent photos of the port on the mixer to which the cable would be connected. It was a drawn out and onerous process and not one we would want to repeat. Convincing them to manufacture a cable was a painful experience in itself.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

Out of curiosity, could you provide us with a picture of the exact cable and its connectors?  Perhaps a forum member can suggest a where to purchase one in a similar color.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 1