Teen mum, 16, sent boyfriend chilling texts after secretly giving birth and throwing their newborn baby out the window

antonia-lopez-589056.jpg

Antonia Lopez, 16, has admitted to causing the death of the baby girl – who weighed 2lbs – after she "panicked”.

Moments after hurling the newborn to its death, the new mum sent out a series of shocking messages.

She sent text messages and a Snapchat photo to her boyfriend.

And then she posted on Facebook – apparently asking for help to hide her little girl’s body.

Antonia-Lopez-834626.jpg

Lopez, from Omaha, Nebraska, in the US, gave birth at home in secret after going into labour at seven months pregnant.

She texted her boyfriend to say she was in pain during the labour.

Then, apparently after throwing the baby out of the window, she texted him again to falsely claim she had had a miscarriage.

Antonia-Lopez-834627.jpg

Lopez – who pleaded guilty to a felony child abuse charge at a juvenile court – then wrote: “It was a girl by the way.”

Finally, she wrote on Facebook: "Who can do me a huge favour and has a car?"

Antonia-Lopez-834629.jpg

Her mum found the baby and called 911 shortly after 4am.

The little girl – who was just 14ins long – was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.

Douglas County attorney Don Kleine said it was a "horrible" and "heartbreaking" case.

He said: "To me, after we looked into it, the way things happened, it didn’t seem to be anything you would label as an adult-specific act.

"It wasn’t a planned-out, thought-out process.

“It was more of a panicked reaction."

Lopez – who may be sent to a group home or a juvenile detention centre – is due to be sentenced on March 24.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/589056/teenage-mum-Antonia-Lopez-killed-baby-throw-out-window-facebook-snapchat-text-messages

2 hours ago, DocM said:

That's one sick puppy.

What does that mean?

2 hours ago, DocM said:

And FYI, in most states abortions past 24 weeks are illegal without a damn good reason. Some states have passed legislation making it 20 weeks.

I am sure the Republicans are trying to put as many restrictions as possible to please their hypocritical base.

2 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

I am sure the Republicans are trying to put as many restrictions as possible to please their hypocritical base.

Quite a few of those were enacted in then Democratic states, or with Democratic votes. Not all Democrats are abortion on demand supporters, especially as you move away from the coasts. 

Just now, DocM said:

Quite a few of those were enacted in then Democratic states, or with Democratic votes. Not all Democrats are abortion on demand supporters, especially as you move away from the coasts. 

Let me guess. It must be Louisiana.