"A change to your Google Account"

Was watching Youtube video's and suddenly, I got a notification saying there has been a change to my google account, and I need to sign in again on my phone. 

I went onto my PC and my chrome browser, with the same login, is also now not syncing and asking me to log in again.

After googling the problem, I've checked the security of my account, there doesn't appear to be anything suspicious and I have two factor authentication enabled. Was there any recent update or something??

I just started receiving this as well.  I realize this is not exactly the same but this recent scam makes this alert/request suspect...

http://www.clark.com/beware-of-new-gmail-phishing-email-scam

This alert may be legit but it is unusually vague and Google should provide more info about it...  I'm not logging in until they do but that's easy since it's just a spam catchall for me.

From Google:

Hi everyone,

We've gotten reports about some users being signed out of their accounts unexpectedly. We're investigating, but not to worry: there is no indication that this is connected to any phishing or account security threats.

For Chrome users seeing the error message "Sync isn't working. Sign-in details are out of date," please try signing in again by clicking the sign in button in Chrome.

For all other Google users, please try to sign-in again at accounts.google.com and if you cannot remember your password, please use this link (g.co/recover) to recover your password. If you use 2-Step Verification, there may have been a delay in receiving your SMS code. Please try again or use backup codes.

Cheers,

Kameron

Chrome Community Manager

Google Forums

• Like 2

I think they should modify it 

"For all other Google users, please try to sign-in again at accounts.google.com and if you cannot remember your password, please use this link to recover your password and in the future please write down your god damn password and store it in a safe place"

16 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I think they should modify it 

...what ... the g.co/recovery link?  I do not see why they should?  g.co is Google's URL shortener just for Google...so a g.co URL will always take you to a Google product/service.

goo.gl is a public URL shortener.  

3 minutes ago, Jim K said:

...what ... the g.co/recovery link?  I do not see why they should?  g.co is Google's URL shortener just for Google...so a g.co URL will always take you to a Google product/service.

goo.gl is a public URL shortener.  

lol, no I meant just tell people to remember their password.

Just now, warwagon said:

lol, no I meant just tell people to remember their password.

yea...I was about to edit my post.  I stopped reading after "please use this link to" when I noticed the link had been removed.  After I posted ... I saw the rest of what you wrote.  haha.  True enough also.