3 posts in this topic

Charitable donations made through PayPal’s Giving Fund platform may never reach their intended recipients, a federal class-action lawsuit filed Tuesday in Chicago has alleged.

PayPal’s charitable platform, which the company says raised more than $7bn in 2016, claims to allow individuals to give directly to “over a million charities”. But only a fraction of those charities actually receive the donations, the lawsuit alleges, because they aren’t registered with PayPal. Donations made to non-registered charities are held by PayPal for six months before being transferred to other not-for-profit organizations, according to the suit.

/snip

“As a general practice, neither [PayPal nor PayPal Giving Fund] notifies unregistered charities that they are holding donations for them,” the complaint states. “Instead, Defendants transfer the donations to an interest bearing account that inures to PayPal Giving Fund’s benefit.”

According to the complaint, PayPal told Kass that the payments company would “redistribute these funds to similar charities” if the unregistered organizations did not register within six months.

/snip

Full article at The Guardian

And that's why when I buy from humble bundle I put Humble Tip as where I want my money to go to.

I never have trusted PayPal