On 3/28/2017 at 10:23 AM, perochan said:

what other PS4 titles did you buy?

Metal gear solid the phantom pain. No man's sky, Final fantasy XV and GTA V are the others I paid full retail for at launch... I regretfully admit I bought NMS on launch day...

On 09/04/2017 at 3:59 AM, The Evil Overlord said:

All Hail Aloy, Annointed of the Nora

Or some such :p 

LOL! That was annoying and made me think of the episode of Two and a Half Men with drunk Charlie and getting anointed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2017 at 3:24 PM, Asmodai said:

I mean GTA and Elder Scrolls are the kings there in my mind because you can play around in their worlds and have fun even without doing the storyline.  I've spent HUNDREDS of hours in each Elder Scrolls game but despite that Skyrim was the FIRST one I finished the plot in.

I've played Skyrim twice (on 360 and PS4) and never come close to finishing the plot.  After you get Dragonrend I trail off.  Love the game, just get involved with other games too much.  Will platinum this year tho

• 2 months later...

I started playing horizon a week ago. I have reached the part where Aloy finds out about Faro losing control over his machines and calling Elisabet.  I absolutely love this game

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest patch brought forth some interesting dynamics.

Game hasn't changed all that much.

'New Game +' mode added, so you can start a new game, carrying most of your inventory and weapons (possibly all, I didn't audit my character before restarting..)

New difficulty settings added, Story Mode and Ultra Hard Mode.

(God mode and 2 shot death mode in a nutshell)

New adept weapons and armour. 

Once New Game + is beaten, you can unlock and use face paints.  (among other things)

I decided to launch a New Game + on Ultra Hard, and it is punishing. I'm loving it, but that's because I thought the game was too easy, (it still is if you know when to dodge and roll)

ShieldWeaver has been nerfed, 170 damage, and it is done. (Basically it'll take one hit, and will need to recharge)

Shadow Weapons are less effective, so bigger enemies can be a grind.

Ultra Hard mode resources are fewer, Merchants are WAY more expensive.

In some fights and machine zones, extra machines added. Not noticed any new types, but I guess Guerrilla are saving those for the new expansion.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, dwLostCat said:

It was pretty good.  I finished it and gave the game away.

Running out of reasons to keep my PS4P

To be honest, there are reasons for and against, regarding all games platforms, usually the big AAA titles are made available on as many platforms as possible, but if you're done, then you're done.

I personally, am looking forward to the new rdr that'll be launched whenever rockstar get off their ass and launch it. (And I'm quite heavily invested in sony console and games)

3 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

To be honest, there are reasons for and against, regarding all games platforms, usually the big AAA titles are made available on as many platforms as possible, but if you're done, then you're done.

I personally, am looking forward to the new rdr that'll be launched whenever rockstar get off their ass and launch it. (And I'm quite heavily invested in sony console and games)

My budget has become slim again and I've long been more invested in Xbox.  I like the PS4P overall but it seems very poor at 4K on heavier titles like FF15 (and it gets way too loud sometimes.)

So at the moment, the two titles I'm still playing on it don't even have PS4P enhancements, and once I finish them (or Persona 5 hits Xbox, which is unlikely but Sega has teased wanting to iirc) I can offload it.

That said, I did like how different HZD was.  Skipped the hunting areas/quests though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dwLostCat said:

My budget has become slim again and I've long been more invested in Xbox.  I like the PS4P overall but it seems very poor at 4K on heavier titles like FF15 (and it gets way too loud sometimes.)

So at the moment, the two titles I'm still playing on it don't even have PS4P enhancements, and once I finish them (or Persona 5 hits Xbox, which is unlikely but Sega has teased wanting to iirc) I can offload it.

That said, I did like how different HZD was.  Skipped the hunting areas/quests though.

Pity, the lodge weapons are now the second most powerful, best ropecaster. Banuk expansion adept weapons being the most powerful.

But yes, it's 4K does come off as weak on a lot of titles.

I love this game, turns out, depending on how you complete it, you can get different conversations from Silens, not to mention the banuk from the frozen wilds join the final fight for the spire, man they planned this game well.

• 1 month later...

Something has been nagging away at the back of my mind regarding this game....

Something happened 19 years ago, (possibly a little longer), (Aloy's birth) that caused the machines to stop being a part of the terraforming system....

I've searched many websites trying to find extra information, but only found fan theories, or timeline copy/pastes...

Anyone curious as to exactly what happened? As in, what caused the rogue signal that set about the events leading o the destruction of Gaia Prime...

Heaphestus, could have gone rogue, as the terraforming systems manufacturing plant's AI could have had enough of people destroying the system, implemented for their survival. But to awaken Hades would have simply allowed Hades to take control of all cauldrons, and manufacture bots to destroy all life, and the current machine population. Not to mention Hades would then have all the resources necessary to rebuild an seemingly infinite supply of resources to simply build more FSP5 Khopeshs (Deathbringers)... (Remember, Hades is supposed to have equal powers of control as Gaia, just in case the first attempt at terraforming went awry)

Minerva may be responsible, but she was supposed to have generated the shut down codes for the original timeline, which would have been 50 or so years after 'the world of the old ones' perished. But that doesn't add up, as restoration and repopulation of the earth was pencilled in for approximately 300 years after zero day. The game's timeline is supposed to be 977 (give or take) years after Zero Day.

(I ruled out Hades mostly because Silens found Hades, heavily damaged, within the wreckage of a BOR 7 Horus class Titan. Thus Eluthia gestating Alloy, after Hades's attack on the Gaia Prime facility, So he didn't do it...)