Cinema chain horrifies by building playgrounds in theaters

Just now, dipsylalapo said:

I also think they should create a cinema experience the exact opposite of this.

• Give up your phones at the door
  • No talking at all
  • No noisy snacks -  looking at you popcorn ;)
  • Big comfortable chairs
  • Beer

I would pay a premium for this.

They have, it's called my house ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John. said:

They have, it's called my house ;)

Do you happen to live in the Surrey/Hampshire area....

I get what you mean, but nothing beats a 50 foot screen and all the speakers...unless you have that in your house, then I'm jealous

59 minutes ago, Daedroth said:

I understand that, however I'm just struggling with the idea that the film may not be audible. Wouldn't kids be bothered about that? As I mentioned, my experience is that they like to hear it too.

You don't have kids, do you?  I do, and I assure you, they always mess around during a film. They play, they argue, they go get snacks, and they just don't care about the film unless you turn it off. THEN they go ballistic at you because "We were watching that!"

26 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I also think they should create a cinema experience the exact opposite of this.

• Give up your phones at the door
  • No talking at all
  • No noisy snacks -  looking at you popcorn ;)
  • Big comfortable chairs
  • Beer

I would pay a premium for this.

There are a few like this in the UK. They're not cheap experiences, but maaaan, they rock!  They serve top quality snack food, with waiter service, too!

11 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

There are a few like this in the UK. They're not cheap experiences, but maaaan, they rock!  They serve top quality snack food, with waiter service, too!

One near me in Leicester.  OK, it's not "no talking" as whispering is allowed.  They do table service with food but nobody bothers as people go to WATCH the film.  There is a zero tolerance mobile phone policy, even silent - the light is enough to have you asked to leave.

You'd never get people to hand in phones though.  Their safekeeping becomes a concern for the venue.

i have no problem with it, like people said, if they offer it in on other screens without the playground.

but why?!?   why would you pay $10 per person to go to a playground with a movie on in the background?  if you take your kids to see the movie, wouldn't you want them to watch it?

There's a theatre locally that has a bar in it, of course you pay $$ for a beer, but you can take it your seat and enjoy it with your show. I first saw this at Universal City, Orlando when I saw Deadpool.
Back on topic: I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me says why bring the kids, just to have them play instead of watching the movie, obviously you pay for the children to get in. The other side of me thinks about my roommates son,non-verbal autistic, and how during the summer months the local theatre chain hosts sensory movies, where they leave the house lights on and encourage the kids to get up and dance to the music, etc. So that is something that is really nice for him. So perhaps the underlying concept is that they are catering to the specific needs, or wants of the children(and parents).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DocM said:

Welcome to my childhood....

X4%5EScreen_and_playground_-_photo_from_

Now all we need is to rip the roof and walls down, remove theater seating and install parking lot, bring car... and then we can roll the windows up and turn the radio up when those rowdy toddlers get loud on the swing set.

• 2 weeks later...

Flower Mound MovieHouse & Eatery is my favorite place.  All upscale.
Wait staff
Unlimited popcorn served in giant silver bowl
free refills on drinks via waiter (hit a button next to your chair for service) 
Lay flat recliners (they will provide blanket and pillow upon request)
large screen
minimal seating as chairs are spread out
4-star chef - great meals (also have normal movie food & candy)
Full Bar

You pay a premium for the ticket - but IMO - the ONLY way to watch a movie.

There are never noisy people, kids on cell phones, etc.

I will always pay extra if it means the normal filth will be absent... Im not exactly what you call a social person :/

ftn.thumb.JPG.ab0fa30c332a615136062e2871afe928.JPG

Why in the hell do my pics always come out fuzzy ?  When I edit the pic, I select the exact pixel dimensions