Cisco 2960 SI PoE-48 and AIR AP1142N-A-K9 Programmed for a Home Network

Not going to happen, sorry. Keep asking and I will lock this up. I will leave this open if there are any questions other than trying to obtain software illegally/without contract.

Got it. 

I legally bought the equipment. I am trying to legally use it. I didn't think requesting some firmware was illegal, obviously I was wrong.

No need to jump all over me now and tell me why it's illegal. I could care less. What I did was illegal, I got it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

You bought the equipment as is did you not.  To get the firmware to use that AP without a controller would require support contract with cisco, ie "smartnet"

Where you bought it from - did you not ask them or verify that the AP was able to be used standalone?

Tell you what is way cheaper then getting smartnet so you could use the AP standalone.. Just buying some unifi pro devices at 130$ each ;)  You can get the wave 2 units now even for less than what smartnet would cost you..

• 5 months later...

There's a decent chance that the autonomous IOS is on the device already: do a "dir flash:" and see if the image is there (it will have "k9w7" in it). If so, copy the name and do "debug capwap cli". At this point you should be able to get into config mode and enter "boot system flash:<name you copied>". Then save your config and reload.