Privacy Protecton Password

So I just went to a new service provider with my unlocked phone and when they inserted their SIM card the phone boots up and asks for a Privacy protection password, something I never set up. Google is not very helpful when it comes to this matter. The phone is an Oukitel K10000 and the only thing that comes up in my searching is really not relevant to what I need. Has anybody heard of this and/or know a way to get past it?

• Like 1

That is the anti-theft code. This is something that was most likely setup when you first used the phone with the original sim. It is also possible the sim is password protected, but that would be something to talk to the carrier about.

Try 123456 or 000000

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Circaflex said:

That is the anti-theft code. This is something that was most likely setup when you first used the phone with the original sim. It is also possible the sim is password protected, but that would be something to talk to the carrier about.

Try 123456 or 000000

It was not setup to my knowledge (had the phone >1 week) and neither codes worked. I (hopefully) sent a message to the manufacturer about this issue, and I sent the Amazon seller the same question. The biggest problem is that the company is based in Hong Kong, has no phone number, and 0 support documents on the website. They have a contact us, in which I can send them an email message, but I have no idea if it went through or not (have to solve a captcha) and it does not tell you if it sent the message or not.

• Like 1

OK, I feel really stupid! I was in conversation with @The Evil Overlord and he mentioned something about setting a password up when first setting up the phone, that's when it dawned on me that I had set it up and I knew what the password was!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

OK, I feel really stupid! I was in conversation with @The Evil Overlord and he mentioned something about setting a password up when first setting up the phone, that's when it dawned on me that I had set it up and I knew what the password was!

Glad it's all working bud (Y)