How long do you think you could last without the internet?

12 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:
  Hide contents

As for post count, not really. I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it. Also, are you speaking on Taz's behalf? :laugh:

no, but i am a somewhat of a researcher, and numerology is something i look at.

numbers have meanings.  17771 is a very speacific number, that has properties. but i think i am getting in too deep for this thread, so ignore it. anyway, 1 post and it is gone...

57f00f10c9c83821cff62dda53718fa8.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

That's mean we were all probably wondering were you where.  :o

Okay so, challenge time: don't use the internet for the rest of the month.

No.  I said I can cancel the service as soon as my parent passed away.... 

Silly rabbit!  

:p 

pretty much indefinitely, and after a bad day at work with end losers (its an affectionate term honest!), sometimes i think forever without the internet seems a good idea :p

Then again ive been a computer user and gamer for 40 years, so im more than comfortable not being "connected" and using a personal computer. On my personal mobile, I dont even enable Data :p i dont need access to my hotmail/gmail on the move, or the net for that matter, I think i have 1Gb data pcm and at most 3Mb is used a month of it, it serves no purpose to me out and about.

Heck i dont even use google maps on the move, never had to. :) I can read a map and know my way round most of my country.

Work device is different sadly, the iphone 6s is on data 24/7 due to being on call and mail access.

Edited by Mando

3 hours ago, Mando said:

Work device is different sadly, the iphone 6s is on data 24/7 due to being on call and mail access.

Just throw the phone onto the pavement.. And then show your broken phone ot your boss..  

:p 

When my motherboard got fried and I was stuck with a Celeron 2.0 GHz laptop for over a week, I felt the pinch. I still had internet, but it was so hard to use... had to limit YouTube etc to 340b, couldn't play movies, have long ago packed away my DVDs.

At one point during that stint, I lost my net connection... for about 12 hours. It was painful, I spent time reading and organizing my external backups via the laptop. Dunno how long I'd last outside of those. The longest I've had to last was 2 months about 10 years ago, but the Internet is far more involved these days. Like many things, you don't realize how much you rely on it until you lose it. Checking news constantly is something you miss a lot, you take for granted having access to so much information. Not being able to work is probably the hardest. I mean, you can, but you realize that you rely on looking up technical stuff on the net a lot.

I would say it is contingent on access to other computer stuff, like movies, or a console or local games, or cable TV... I love reading, but I don't have the stamina for it I did in college.

• Like 1

My business relies heavily on it, so I can't say for sure, I don't even remember becoming this dependent on it....

As a truck driver, throughout the '90s towards 2 years ago, I used to marvel at the novelty of having internet (of sorts) on my smartphones (97 onwards I think)

(I drive less now as our work from home business takes up a lot of time in man hours)

Probably longer than I give myself credit for, I spend a lot of time in WoW and on Steam, however if the internet was gone for everyone I'd just go back to music and offline games. 

On 3/11/2017 at 9:25 AM, Zagadka said:

When my motherboard got fried and I was stuck with a Celeron 2.0 GHz laptop for over a week, I felt the pinch. I still had internet, but it was so hard to use... had to limit YouTube etc to 340b, couldn't play movies, have long ago packed away my DVDs.

At one point during that stint, I lost my net connection... for about 12 hours. It was painful, I spent time reading and organizing my external backups via the laptop. Dunno how long I'd last outside of those. The longest I've had to last was 2 months about 10 years ago, but the Internet is far more involved these days. Like many things, you don't realize how much you rely on it until you lose it. Checking news constantly is something you miss a lot, you take for granted having access to so much information. Not being able to work is probably the hardest. I mean, you can, but you realize that you rely on looking up technical stuff on the net a lot.

I would say it is contingent on access to other computer stuff, like movies, or a console or local games, or cable TV... I love reading, but I don't have the stamina for it I did in college.

I feel your pain. Once went 4 months without internet access (June to Oct 2014) bc I moved to a house in Indy. Ugh the shakes I got ... the only thing that kept me sane was my iPhone 5S, lol. I could only get on the net for a minute or two, then close the browser bc of cell data burning. After I finally got Wi-Fi in Oct 2014, my sanity was restored lol. First thing I did right away? Updated my computers and iPhone. :)

1-2 month, no problems