How to select which Google Account you wish to be logged into when you launch Firefox or Chrome

I don't know about you guys and gals but I have more than 1 Google Account... 7 in fact. It has always annoyed me that Chome doesn't let you stay logged into the X Google account on the photos side and X Google account on the mail side. You are just logged into a single Google account Everywhere.

Today as I was sitting on the couch I thought "What if I used Sandboxie to create separate sandboxes, one for Google each account. Then I created a Chrome shortcut, one shortcut for each of the Google Account sandboxes I created. Then I would just select a Chrome shortcut I depending on which Google Account I wish to use.

So here is how you do it.

I'm not sure the free version will do this as I'm using the paid version. But if you just happen to have the paid version here is how you would set it up.

1) Open Sandboxie

2) Click Sandbox / Create New Sandbox. Do this for each of the Google accounts you have

3) Once you have your sandboxes created, at the top of the sandbox click "Configure / Windows Shell Integration"

4) Click Add shortcut icon

5) Select which Sandbox you wish to use

6) Now click Programs and scroll down to the bottom and select your web browser, in my case I use chrome.

7) Now just rename the shortcut to your Google Account name

8) Do this for each of the Google accounts you have

9) Now log into each sandbox and log into the corresponding Google Account.

Damn, 7 accounts?! I have two, one primary and a secondary account. I use the primary for all my services (Google Play Music, Youtube, etc.). The secondary account I just use an email.

A simpler solution is to  create a Windows shortcut to the Chrome that launches into a specific user profile. 

14 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Damn, 7 accounts?! I have two, one primary and a secondary account. I use the primary for all my services (Google Play Music, Youtube, etc.). The secondary account I just use an email.

A simpler solution is to  create a Windows shortcut to the Chrome that launches into a specific user profile. 

Well I have ...

1) my main account (That I created when I got my first invite to gmail)

2) my special domain address account (which I don't give out but to a few sites

3) my company youtube video account

4) my company name account (which I really don't use that much anymore because I wish people would just pick up the phone and call me instead of sending 20 emails back and forth.

5) my company invoice account

6) a phone calls account which is used in conjunction with ezvoice which sends me an email when someone calls my house with the caller ID info and attaches the voice mail message.

7) This one is more of my spam account that I give out if a site wants an email address

without giving out the email address these are the labels I gave each account on my phone using an unread Gmail widget which tells me how many new emails each account has.

abott

theone

phone

rcomp

videos

invoice

ab2

I like the sandbox method because then I don't have to re-add all my extensions. They just come over from my main account. Yet they keep the cookies separate.