Windows Mobile or iOS?

I know its probably been asked many many times before but what are the reasons to not make the move from iOS to Windows Mobile?

I have always been an iPhone user but with the rising costs of the iPhone and lack of new features and innovation I have decided to think about what I want my next phone to be when my contract runs out.

I really like Windows 10 on a PC and would like to see what the general thoughts are with this OS on a phone. I know you can get better value for money hardware wise in other phones than an iPhone but are WIndows phones any good.

I have installed the Windows Mobile Emulator and have run the insider preview on it and so far I like it. However I do know that the apps on the store and very slim compared to the App Store. 

I do have a couple of questions...

Does Microsoft Wallet work on Apple Pay enabled payment terminals?

Do Windows Phones like the Lumia have decent cameras and have OIS like the current iPhones?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P.S I know you are probably thinking why hasn't he asked about Android? Well I tried it a few years back and really didn't get on with it.

1 hour ago, Pootis Spencer said:

I know its probably been asked many many times before but what are the reasons to not make the move from iOS to Windows Mobile?

I have always been an iPhone user but with the rising costs of the iPhone and lack of new features and innovation I have decided to think about what I want my next phone to be when my contract runs out.

I really like Windows 10 on a PC and would like to see what the general thoughts are with this OS on a phone. I know you can get better value for money hardware wise in other phones than an iPhone but are WIndows phones any good.

I have installed the Windows Mobile Emulator and have run the insider preview on it and so far I like it. However I do know that the apps on the store and very slim compared to the App Store. 

I do have a couple of questions...

Does Microsoft Wallet work on Apple Pay enabled payment terminals?

Do Windows Phones like the Lumia have decent cameras and have OIS like the current iPhones?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P.S I know you are probably thinking why hasn't he asked about Android? Well I tried it a few years back and really didn't get on with it.

The biggest complaint I see from anyone moving to Windows Mobile, is the lack of applications available. However, that doesn't always mean much to everyone. I am not one who uses many apps on my iPhone, most of them I do use are basically front ends for the mobile website. In the end, the phone will make and receive calls, same with sending and receiving text messages; are there specific apps you use on a day to day basis that do not offer a mobile website? Games are probably the biggest of that category.

Regarding Wallet, I am pretty sure it works on any terminal that has the "tap to pay" icon or Apple Pay/Android Pay logo, but hopefully someone else can confirm or deny that. 

The cameras were always touted as great and competed with the iPhone.

• Like 1