Ex-Russian Lawmaker Who Turned on Putin Shot Dead in Kiev

A former Russian lawmaker who fled Moscow for Ukraine and likened life under President Vladimir Putin to Nazi Germany was shot dead in Kiev.

Denis Voronenkov, 45, was killed Thursday at 11:40 a.m. near the Premier Palace hotel in the center of Ukraine’s capital, local police said. His bodyguard shot the assailant, who died later in the hospital. Ukraine blamed the killing on Russia, linking it to testimony by Voronenkov against Viktor Yanukovych, the Kremlin-backed Ukrainian leader who was ousted three years ago in street protests.

The assassination carries the “obvious signature of Russian special services,”  President Petro Poroshenko, said via Facebook. “Voronenkov was a key witness of Russian aggression against Ukraine.”

Already at their worst since the Soviet Union collapsed, the murder further shatters ties between the two countries. Russia annexed Ukraine’s Black Sea region of Crimea in 2014 and the government in Kiev blames Putin for instigating the three-year insurgency on the nations’ shared border. Yanukovych, who now lives in Russia, stands accused of treason for inviting Russian troops into Ukraine, allegations he denies.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-23/ex-russian-lawmaker-who-turned-on-putin-shot-dead-in-kiev

Must just be a coincidence I'm sure!

• Like 2

Like I said must surely be a coincidence like all the other people who died or were poisoned!

Oh wait it wasn't on TrashHedge or RT or Sputiknews so you won't believe it :rolleyes:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, -Razorfold said:

Like I said must surely be a coincidence like all the other people who died or were poisoned!

Oh wait it wasn't on TrashHedge or RT or Sputiknews so you won't believe it :rolleyes:

I don't expect Bloomberg or their colleagues from the other organizations subservient to the Western Ministry of Truth to mention any details of the dead man's criminal past. All those bribes he had taken; shady deals he had made.

It's so much simpler and easier to exploit the anti-Putin narrative in which they've become so proficient.

Voronenkov himself is neither the first or last Russian criminal who managed to ran away abroad from the Russian investigation and claimed political asylum all while accusing the Russian authorities of corruption in the process. It's so convenient. And of course, the new hosts will gladly accept luggages of cash of dubious origin as bank deposits of their newcomers.

Chances are that his own criminal past haunted him.

The Russian government doesn't execute people. We are way past that point. It's been 21 years this year since the moratorium on capital punishment was established in Russia.

In the meantime, hundreds of extrajudicial killings have been performed by the U.S.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mirumir said:

I don't expect Bloomberg or their colleagues from the other organizations subservient to the Western Ministry of Truth to mention any details of the dead man's criminal past. All those bribes he had taken; shady deals he had made.

It's so much simpler and easier to exploit the anti-Putin narrative in which they've become so proficient.

Voronenkov himself is neither the first or last Russian criminal who managed to ran away abroad from the Russian investigation and claimed political asylum all while accusing the Russian authorities of corruption in the process. It's so convenient. And of course, the new hosts will gladly accept luggages of cash of dubious origin as bank deposits of their newcomers.

Chances are that his own criminal past haunted him.

The Russian government doesn't execute people. We are way past that point. It's been 21 years this year since the moratorium on capital punishment was established in Russia.

In the meantime, hundreds of extrajudicial killings have been performed by the U.S.

Such coincidences I'm sure. What are we upto now? Like 10-20? All of whom died or were poisoned in suspicious circumstances and they all had the same thing in common.

Coincidences, coincidences everywhere! But of course we should trust your RT ministry of Truth am I right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, -Razorfold said:

Such coincidences I'm sure. What are we upto now? Like 10-20? All of whom died or were poisoned in suspicious circumstances and they all had the same thing in common.

Sure more than a coincidence.   Governments tend to make people disappear at times.  Not limited to one government.  ###### off the wrong person, you will befitted with a pair of concrete shoes.  And to think that this no longer happens is just silly. 

Anyway, no proof what happened here bit like I said before, wouldn't be surprised of Russia took out this guy. 

Something else which occurred a few days ago ...

Nikolai Gorokhov, a lawyer representing the family of a Russian whistleblower, was reportedly thrown out of the fourth floor of his Moscow apartment building on Tuesday — a day before the 53-year-old was due to appear in court regarding a contentious corruption case.

/snip

Gorokhov was working to launch a probe into the death of Sergei Magnitsky, a lawyer who died in prison in 2009 after claiming that organized criminals colluded with Russian government officials to claim a fraudulent $230 million tax rebate.

/snip

On March 22, Gorokhov was scheduled to appear in front of the Moscow City Appeals Court to argue against the Tverskoi District Court's refusal to consider a new criminal complaint filed by Magnitsky's mother in regards to new evidence, Tuesday's press release said.

A series of electronic communications, known as the Pavlov Leaks, had been uncovered and it showed collusion of individuals responsible for the fraud case that Magnitsky uncovered, the release alleged. Members of the Klyuev crime syndicate and police officers were involved, the release claimed.

/snip

More at CNBC

8 hours ago, Mirumir said:

Western Ministry of Truth.  :rolleyes:

Right ... like your Russia funded/owned, Putin appointed head of news sources are any better.  Sort of like the RT article about the US allocating $3M to back NGOs to influence Russian parliamentary elections ... when it was neither $3M (factually...based on their own dang source) nor any evidence that the funds were allocated to influence parliamentary elections ... something which they still have not corrected after 6 months.

For reference:

1 minute ago, Jim K said:

Nikolai Gorokhov, a lawyer representing the family of a Russian whistleblower, was reportedly thrown out of the fourth floor of his Moscow apartment building on Tuesday 

Oh that's clearly another coincidence. I don't know how many times I've slipped and fallen straight out of the window! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, -Razorfold said:

Oh that's clearly another coincidence. I don't know how many times I've slipped and fallen straight out of the window! 

I almost did so last week!

7 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Sort of like the RT article about the US allocating $3M to back NGOs to influence Russian parliamentary election ... when it was neither $3M (factually...based on their own source) nor any evidence that the funds were allocated to influence parliamentary elections ... something which they (RT) still have not corrected after 6 months.

RT is crap and has been proven before.  Just another news outlet as bad as the rest with their own spin.  But crap news appears to be the latest trend and a lot of outlets are guilty of it.

Anyway, back on topic, I am sure this kind of thing happens a lot.  We just never hear about it along with a lot of other things.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Something else which occurred a few days ago ...

More at CNBC

Some reports indicated that Russian media outlets had claimed Gorokhov's fall was an accident related to moving a Jacuzzi

40 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Right ... like your Russia funded/owned, Putin appointed head of news sources are any better.  Sort of like the RT article about the US allocating $3M to back NGOs to influence Russian parliamentary election ... when it was neither $3M (factually...based on their own source) nor any evidence that the funds were allocated to influence parliamentary elections ... something which they (RT) still have not corrected after 6 months.

LOL, how many times are you going to repeat that? Give it a rest already, will you.

14 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

Some reports indicated that Russian media outlets had claimed Gorokhov's fall was an accident related to moving a Jacuzzi

Well I have obtained EXCLUSIVE footage of the incident in question:

VxD63RI.gif

As you can tell, it was clearly a coincidence! You can see the cou-er him slip, and just go straight out the window! 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

LOL, how many times are you going to repeat that? Give it a rest already, will you.

Odd, you say I keep repeating it yet you've never acknowledged their error (afaik).  Hmm.

So, it is ok that RT publishes verifiably erroneous information for which they haven't corrected ... but if the US media does it (or omits information...in this case a biography on Gorokhov)  ... they are the "Western Ministry of Truth."

Gotcha.  There is a word which begins with an "H" and ends with an "E" which describes that.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, NinjaGinger said:

Its funny how all of Putins critics end up dead.

Even funnier how he's best buds with Trump and his crew. Gives you that warm glowing feeling....oh no wait...that's the pee running down my leg.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2017 at 8:43 PM, NinjaGinger said:

Its funny how all of Putins critics end up dead.

It's 22:45, I'm watching a talk show on the state-owned channel called RUSSIA 1 and Putin is being criticized right now on air.

If you don't believe me, you can check out the show's YouTube channel.

I assume you are familiar with the Russian language given the confidence with which you made your statement.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2017 at 6:56 PM, -Razorfold said:

Coincidences, coincidences everywhere!

It's no coincidence that shortly after the murder, before any investigation had been completed, Putin was already being blamed as per usual.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2017 at 10:38 AM, Jim K said:

Right ... like your Russia funded/owned, Putin appointed head of news sources are any better.  Sort of like the RT article about the US allocating $3M to back NGOs to influence Russian parliamentary elections ... when it was neither $3M (factually...based on their own dang source) nor any evidence that the funds were allocated to influence parliamentary elections ... something which they still have not corrected after 6 months.

You're "still" on that?  :(

1 minute ago, ctebah said:

You're "still" on that?  :(

On 3/24/2017 at 1:15 PM, Jim K said:

Odd, you say I keep repeating it yet you've never acknowledged their error (afaik).  Hmm.

So, it is ok that RT publishes verifiably erroneous information for which they haven't corrected ... but if the US media does it (or omits information...in this case a biography on Gorokhov)  ... they are the "Western Ministry of Truth."

Gotcha.  There is a word which begins with an "H" and ends with an "E" which describes that.

;) 

4 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

It's no coincidence that shortly after the murder, before any investigation had been completed, Putin was already being blamed as per usual.

I think 2016/2017 are shaping up to be the years everything is blame on Putin/Russia.  

Funny thing is, if we go back a few decades, everything was blame on the Chinese, then the Japanese, etc.  It's a well written playbook with a very high chance of success due to a highly brainwashed population.  Sad, very sad.

1 minute ago, Jim K said:

;) 

What kind of a reply is that?

Of course it's not O.K. for any news source to publish incorrect information but seriously, it's becoming pathetic how many times you're bringing this up.  Surely you must have other examples by now...

13 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Of course it's not O.K. for any news source to publish incorrect information but seriously, it's becoming pathetic how many times you're bringing this up.  Surely you must have other examples by now...

"What kind of a reply is that" ... I've already responded to a similar question 2 days ago so I though you hadn't seen it.  First time I've seen you acknowledge the RT error as well ... odd.

Better examples?  Sorry, I do not really want to spend time picking apart every article...maybe you do?  The $3M article is the best and clear cut example that RT either 1) does not know Accounting 101 or 2) purposely misleads its readers.

15 minutes ago, ctebah said:

I think 2016/2017 are shaping up to be the years everything is blame on Putin/Russia.  

Funny thing is, if we go back a few decades, everything was blame on the Chinese, then the Japanese, etc.  It's a well written playbook with a very high chance of success due to a highly brainwashed population.  Sad, very sad.

Summing up history with broad, selective strokes is fun isn't it? It's very easy to make snide and unproductive rebuttals to simply get the ball in the other's court.

On point, 2016 will be known for Russian support of Assad and bombing of civilians. Why stop there, just two years earlier Russia annexed Crimea and was responsible for destabilizing the area which led to the loss of a civilian aircraft.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

Summing up history with broad, selective strokes is fun isn't it?

Absolutely.  It's always the sheep that don't learn from history.

It's very easy to make snide and unproductive rebuttals to simply get the ball in the other's court.

Please tell me you see the irony in this sentence...

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Jim K said:

"What kind of a reply is that" ... I've already responded to a similar question 2 days ago so I though you hadn't seen it.

Hmm, so others questioning your replies as well?  Gotcha.

First time I've seen you acknowledge the RT error as well ... odd.

What's there to acknowledge?  The numbers don't add up and that's about it.  I'm glad it's given you something to do seeing as how you've been bringing it up every few weeks.

Better examples?  Sorry, I do not really want to spend time picking apart every article...maybe you do?  The $3M article is the best and clear cut example that RT either 1) does not know Accounting 101 or 2) purposely misleads its readers.

For the amount of time you've spent bringing this single article up, you could have found many more incorrect ones.