15-year-old sues his mom for taking his phone off him

A 15-year-old boy in Spain sued his mother, accusing her of “mistreatment” after she confiscated his phone in an attempt to make him study.

Citing local Spanish media, News.com.au reports that the mom took the phone from her son in February. The son took legal action against his mother, reportedly accusing her of “mistreatment” and seeking a nine-month jail term, as well as payment of his legal costs.

The unusual case came before a judge in Almeria in Southern Spain this week. The Local reports that the judge came down on the side of the mother, ruling that she was “well within her rights” and “took the correct action” by confiscating the phone.

More....

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/03/24/15-year-old-sues-his-mom-for-taking-his-phone-off-him.html

Good parenting  (Y)

The kid should have gotten his phone taken away, and a spanking.

Hopefully after the stunt he pulled with court, he gets a good whoopin and grounded.

The parent probably even pays for the kids phone service.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:34 PM, techbeck said:

A 15-year-old boy in Spain sued his mother, accusing her of “mistreatment” after she confiscated his phone in an attempt to make him study.

Citing local Spanish media, News.com.au reports that the mom took the phone from her son in February. The son took legal action against his mother, reportedly accusing her of “mistreatment” and seeking a nine-month jail term, as well as payment of his legal costs.

The unusual case came before a judge in Almeria in Southern Spain this week. The Local reports that the judge came down on the side of the mother, ruling that she was “well within her rights” and “took the correct action” by confiscating the phone.

More....

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/03/24/15-year-old-sues-his-mom-for-taking-his-phone-off-him.html

Good parenting  (Y)

I don't call it "Good Parenting", It will be Good parenting when her son obey her mother straight forward. Its bad parenting that her Son go for "Media Show", I'll call it Drama Family.

37 minutes ago, Xahid said:

I don't call it "Good Parenting", It will be Good parenting when her son obey her mother straight forward. Its bad parenting that her Son go for "Media Show", I'll call it Drama Family.

I think he was being sarcastic. It's clearly bad parenting. No way in hell my kids would pull that crap on me.

• Like 3

How the hell did this even get to a judge?

On 02/04/2017 at 1:43 PM, Hum said:

No one under 16 should have a phone -- the little snots. :laugh:

Utter nonsense, judgemental snot!

Confiscating perks is a standard parenting technique.  Glad the judge showed some common sense.

I couldnt imagine what would happen to me if I would have attempted to pull that kind of crap.

If I had to guess what would happen:

1.)  Phone would be implanted in my butt, then I would be told I would have to pay for the surgical removal.
2.) Father would hire Alan Dershowitz to represent my mother.
3.)  He would put up such a tremendous case against me, I would end up in jail for 9 months.
4.) After completing my 9 month jail sentence, the phone would no longer stay in bodily cavities, so father would pay for rectum reconstruction, send me the bill with daily-compounded interest.
5.) Kill me.
6.) Kick my ass.