Scorpio offical reveal incoming, along with 4K Forza, RDR2 and Battlefront.

Vandalsquad
4 hours ago, dwLostCat said:

That's why I really don't get PS4 owners bitching about the Pro.  If you don't want it now, don't get it now it's not keeping you from doing anything.

To many people expecting generations to last as long as last one, the majority of people spend $1,000 a year on a phone you end up using to text and browse the web on. $400 every 5 years for a console that still plays what the new one is? Complete non issue. Personally wouldn't say no to new consoles every 3-4 years if the advancements are there and scale-able. 

• Like 1
adrynalyne
1 hour ago, Vandalsquad said:

To many people expecting generations to last as long as last one, the majority of people spend $1,000 a year on a phone you end up using to text and browse the web on. $400 every 5 years for a console that still plays what the new one is? Complete non issue. Personally wouldn't say no to new consoles every 3-4 years if the advancements are there and scale-able. 

Source that the majority of people spend 1k a year on a phone please. 

George P
1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

Maybe not on a phone itself I'd say, but on the contract?  I know people spending $80 and up per month, some even over $100, which just blows my mind.   I spent $500 on my phone and I'll probably hold on to it for around 3 years, 4 at best, I'd say I'm the majority here, so yeah, $400-$500 for a system that will get you at least 5 years is not that big of an issue.

• Like 1
adrynalyne
3 minutes ago, George P said:

Maybe not on a phone itself I'd say, but on the contract?  I know people spending $80 and up per month, some even over $100, which just blows my mind.   I spent $500 on my phone and I'll probably hold on to it for around 3 years, 4 at best, I'd say I'm the majority here, so yeah, $400-$500 for a system that will get you at least 5 years is not that big of an issue.

It ends up being the same for the most part as making payments along with service, or using a free and clear device and paying for service. Not all carriers give you discounts for using free and clear phones. So many times, splitting payments to be monthly doesn't really make a difference other than changing the time to pay it off.

I still doubt even the majority do this yearly.

George P

On a different topic, the haters are quick to latch on to a few games that didn't run at native 4k at the Xbox E3 event.  Namely Anthem and new Assassins Creed which both seemed to be using CB to get to 4k.   Phil repeatedly said they're not forcing developers to hit native 4k and that they can do whatever they want, just because those two games didn't hit native 4k MS is somehow lying now.   Then DF posted it's Forza 7 video which is at native 4k and a solid 60fps, didn't see the same people posted on that video.

Anyways, I expect all first party games on the X from MS to be native, and some, but not all, 3rd party games to be 4k as well.

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

It ends up being the same for the most part. Not all carriers give you discounts for using free and clear phones. So many times, splitting payments to be monthly doesn't really make a difference other than changing the time to pay it off.

I still doubt even the majority do this yearly.

Some people, depending on their contract terms, upgrade to a new phone yearly if they can, if that means anything.

adrynalyne
9 minutes ago, George P said:

On a different topic, the haters are quick to latch on to a few games that didn't run at native 4k at the Xbox E3 event.  Namely Anthem and new Assassins Creed which both seemed to be using CB to get to 4k.   Phil repeatedly said they're not forcing developers to hit native 4k and that they can do whatever they want, just because those two games didn't hit native 4k MS is somehow lying now.   Then DF posted it's Forza 7 video which is at native 4k and a solid 60fps, didn't see the same people posted on that video.

Anyways, I expect all first party games on the X from MS to be native, and some, but not all, 3rd party games to be 4k as well.

Some people, depending on their contract terms, upgrade to a new phone yearly if they can, if that means anything.

Maybe its different in Greece, but many (most?) carriers here in the US have given up contracts and don't even offer them anymore. I've no doubt people do what you are saying, but not the majority.

For example, I do it, but its because I use my iPhone for development and want the latest to work with. so I pay half of it, and then trade it in for the latest.

Edited by adrynalyne
  • Like 1
+LostCat
25 minutes ago, George P said:

I've heard Ark is pushing 1080p30 on the PS4P and 1080p60 on the X1X.  That's a little stranger to me.

George P
2 minutes ago, dwLostCat said:

I've heard Ark is pushing 1080p30 on the PS4P and 1080p60 on the X1X.  That's a little stranger to me.

Yeah, really up to devs, who knows what they have in mind when they set these things.

coth

7000 ₽ for Forza. 1/3 of median income. They seem completely lost their mind. It's gonna be a flop just like previous Forza solely thank to mentally insane prices.

adrynalyne
9 minutes ago, coth said:

7000 ₽ for Forza. 1/3 of median income. They seem completely lost their mind. It's gonna be a flop just like previous Forza solely thank to mentally insane prices.

Microsoft is a US company. It isn't 1/3 of median income here by any stretch.

coth
23 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Microsoft is a US company. It isn't 1/3 of median income here by any stretch.

Valve is also a US company, but their pricing policy is completely different and prices usually 2-3 times lower.

George P
14 minutes ago, coth said:

Valve is also a US company, but their pricing policy is completely different and prices usually 2-3 times lower.

Brand new, AAA titles, on Steam are more or less the same price as on the console, I think at best the difference is $10 on day one.   PC prices tend to drop faster, but not too much, if you can't pay it on day 1 just wait and buy the game a month later when it's on sale.

coth
3 hours ago, George P said:

Brand new, AAA titles, on Steam are more or less the same price as on the console, I think at best the difference is $10 on day one.   PC prices tend to drop faster, but not too much, if you can't pay it on day 1 just wait and buy the game a month later when it's on sale.

Not in Windows Store. Windows Store is usually 2-4 times more expensive. So i'd rather buy The Crew 2 which is 3,5 times cheaper, yet still quite expensive. 7000 ₽ is equal to $600  in US. 2000 ₽ is equal to $170 in US. That's what MS applies all around the world making Windows Store and Xbox complete flops comparing to Steam.

adrynalyne
18 minutes ago, coth said:

Not in Windows Store. Windows Store is usually 2-4 times more expensive. So i'd rather buy The Crew 2 which is 3,5 times cheaper, yet still quite expensive. 7000 ₽ is equal to $600  in US. 2000 ₽ is equal to $170 in US. That's what MS applies all around the world making Windows Store and Xbox complete flops comparing to Steam.

Uh, 7000 ₽ is about 121 USD. Not sure where you came up with 600...

About the only games selling for this are AAA deluxe editions in the US.

George P

Sales happen often, you can just wait for a sale then.  Nothing much can be done if you're living in a country who's native currency has a lower value vs the dollar to such an extent.   There's probably other factors that raise the price as well, for me it's VAT, all PC hardware costs me more than it does in the US, 24% VAT and other taxes are the issue.   I paid around 530 euros for my GTX 1070 OC video card, which, with todays exchange rate would be over $600.    The same card can be bought on newegg.com for under $500.  

Vandalsquad
10 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Average phone plan is $100 a month in Australia (https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates#gomobile) this can go up to $200 a month if you need massive data, Nearly everyone personally I know upgrades yearly. I've done some googling and found no actual studies just me personally what I see just that Australians love to upgrade. So take that how you want to. Even if they are only upgrading every 24 months that's $2,400 or $1,200 yearly something a $20 a month perpaid could do just so they can have the latest iphone. 

If your with Australias biggest telco you can actually bring your 12 month iphone in as long as its in decent condition and get it replaced with a brand new one for free if you extend the contract another 12 months. https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates/new-phone-feeling is this good money management? Not in the slightest. You'll continue to never own a phone outright but people don't care, most figure the money is to have a continual service. This also falls on an average high hourly wage of Australia. People figure working an hour or 2 a month pays for this.

But probably enough off topic :laugh:

8 hours ago, George P said:

If we don't see a Microsoft game running native 4K I would be highly surprised. 

7 hours ago, coth said:

This translates to $160 Australian which still seems awfully high. But they can't continue to offer such low priced keys in Russia either when they end up getting sold world wide which became a bit of an issue the last few years not sure if it still is?

Emn1ty
On 6/17/2017 at 10:37 AM, George P said:

I spend about $64/mo on my contract and that doesn't even include paying for a phone with it cause I bought mine off contract, and that's only 2GB of data. So that's already $768/year. For those with the phone on the contract, it's probably closer to $80-$100 and that already puts you over.

NightScreams
19 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

I spend about $64/mo on my contract and that doesn't even include paying for a phone with it cause I bought mine off contract, and that's only 2GB of data. So that's already $768/year. For those with the phone on the contract, it's probably closer to $80-$100 and that already puts you over.

Tracphone user here. I buy the $99 1 year card and I'm set. Although this is quite the thread derailment, it's true that the mass consumer's are replacing electronics a lot more often. It's 2017, not 1986. It's the games and games alone that will dictate how many people will want the new system sooner rather than later as most consumers in general could afford a new entertainment device if they desired enough, it's generally the poor people and kids without jobs that complain about such things.