• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

What's in the Windows XP Plus Pack?

DWZ    0

Can anyone tell me what?s actually in the Windows XP Plus Pack? Is it worth getting? And please, no warez links, I don?t want my thread deleted like last times because someone posted a warez link when I didn?t really want one!

Welshknight    5

not much m8, a couple of themes no visual styles , some screensavers and some games.

not worth the download :-(

Lezend    1

Microsoft PLUS! for Windows XP.

Digital Media:

Plus! Voice Command for Windows Media Player

Plus! Voice Command for Windows Media Player enables you to control Microsoft Windows Media Player by simply speaking commands. After you start Plus! Voice Command for Windows Media Player, you can tell the Player what to do. Play a song by saying, "media player, play."

Plus! MP3 Audio Converter

With Plus! MP3 Audio Converter, you can free up significant disk space by converting your MP3 audio files to Windows Media Audio (WMA) files, while maintaining the same audio quality.

Plus! CD Label Maker

With Plus! CD Label Maker, you can design and print labels for your CDs, and inserts and booklets for your CD cases. By completing the simple, wizard-based process, you can produce labels, inserts, and booklets that have the information and appearance you want.

Plus! Speaker Enhancement

Plus! Speaker Enhancement improves the sound quality of the audio played by Microsoft Windows Media Player. Plus! Speaker Enhancement improves the sound for the particular type of speakers you have installed on your computer. The result is a higher quality of sound than is possible without Plus! Speaker Enhancement.

Plus! Personal DJ

Plus! Personal DJ makes it easy to create custom playlists using the songs in your Media Library in Windows Media Player for Windows XP. Just select music categories and other criteria, and Plus! Personal DJ will create a unique playlist based on your preferences.

Plus! Microsoft Windows Media Player Skins

Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP includes exciting new skins for Windows Media Player that personalize the appearance and features of the Player.

Plus! 3-D Visualizations

Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP brings new personalities to Windows Media Player visualizations: see the star of the Xbox game Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee dance on wheels; watch Maxx boogie in Maxx's Kingdom; view animated jellyfish keep the beat in Undersea Wonders.

Games:

Russian Square Plus! Edition

Tests your thinking and strategy skills in an addictive new game for fans of Tetris. The action will keep you coming back for more!

The Labyrinth Plus! Edition

Rolls the classic tabletop labyrinth game into an "a maze-ing" 3-# world filled with vibrant visuals and sounds. Test yoru skills with more than 40 unique and challenging levels. You'll never get bored.

HyperBowl Plus! Edition

Takes the fun and excitement of classic bowling out of the alley and onto the streets of Ancient Rome. HyperBowl delivers arcadestyle action using the latest in computer technology, 3-D graphics, and sound.

Themes:

Personalize your computer with enhanced themes that include screen savers, wallpapers, icons, sounds, pointers, skins for Microsoft Windows Media Player, and much more.

Plus! Aquarium

Plus! Space

Plus! Nature

Plus! da Vinci

Screen Savers:

Enjoy astounding, lifelike, 3-D screen savers. Experience a virtual aquarium, personalize your computer with your own photos and music, explore a space station, and more.

Plus! Aquarium

Plus! My Pictures

Plus! Space

Plus! Nature

Plus! da Vinci

Plus! Robot Circus

Plus! Sand Pendulum

Plus! Mercury Pool

baphomet_irl    0

(Lezend, this is not dissing you, cos I know u copy and pasted that stuff from M$ (was it the 'WindowsXP tour' thing?))

'you can free up significant disk space by converting your MP3 audio files to Windows Media Audio (WMA) files, while maintaining the same audio quality'

LOL - how can they try to say that applying a lossy compression on top of lossy compression can result in the same audio quality - even if u encoded to 256kps WMA, there WOULD be loss of sound quality because of the compression methods used.

Plus! Speaker Enhancement

- i didnt really notice much of a difference - althou it did make get XP to identify my speakers properly :)

Plus! 3-D Visualizations

'see the star of the Xbox game Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee dance on wheels'

as is obvious from this poll - which none of u have replied to LOL

:( -

http://www.neowin.net/bboard/showthread.ph...=&threadid=1133

i think the visualisations are a load of sh1t tbh, and the chances of abe's stupid little dance moving in proper time and rhythm to the music are very slim (and I dont have a slow PC b4 u say anything eheh), abe is obviously just there to advertise the XboX, which is obviously the same reason his stupid head is all over the main Plus! screen too.

yeh not much in the terms of practical use...

but I have to say I really like the Labyrinth game...

:)

and some of the screensavers are OK

In short, if ur a 56k'er I wouldnt really bother, unless u really have to have the latest stuff ;)

If ur cable or ADSL, I definitely would, Labyrinth! is v. good fun- althou I dont think its really a classic like Minesweeper (my record is 8 seconds in beginner).

anywayz - jus some of my thoughts eheh

PS I cant stress enuff how crap the abe's oddysee visualisation is - u will ROFL (and not in a good way, in a 'laughing at how crap it is' way)

DWZ    0

OK Thanks guys.

I've got cabe, so i may just download it for the hell of it :)