For rent: Chiswick flat with shower in the kitchen

For rent: Chiswick flat with shower in the kitchen

A studio flat with a shower in the kitchen has gone on the market in a desirable west London suburb.

The flat has been “refurbished to a high standard” according to an advert on Gumtree, and has a price tag of £850 per month.

The ad describes it as having its “own shower” and an “open plan kitchen" – however it fails to mention that the shower is situated right next to the kitchen work surfaces.

[Continued]

chiswick-flat.jpg

I'm not at all surprised. I've seen the poor excuses of accommodation listed for rent/sale in London. It's completely ridiculous what people are willing to spend for an absurd amount of space (or lack thereof). Depending on what the rest of the apartment is like, it might not be that bad, though frosted glass may be preferable.

Though if you ever have guests over...you may give them a shock in the morning when they want to make breakfast!

Welcome to London.   I would argue it's not the most cramped city in the world, but I believe it has some of the greediest landlords.  These are the people we should really be taxing the hell out of, as they are one of the primary causes of property ownership by youngsters being so hard.

17 minutes ago, Daedroth said:

I'm not at all surprised. I've seen the poor excuses of accommodation listed for rent/sale in London. It's completely ridiculous what people are willing to spend for an absurd amount of space (or lack thereof). Depending on what the rest of the apartment is like, it might not be that bad, though frosted glass may be preferable.

Though if you ever have guests over...you may give them a shock in the morning when they want to make breakfast!

Some commentators have pointed out that the placement of the shower may not be legal as it's too close to the electric sockets.

7 hours ago, Mirumir said:

Some commentators have pointed out that the placement of the shower may not be legal as it's too close to the electric sockets.

Yup, I was just going to mention that too. It's FAR too close to those sockets...

44 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Yup, I was just going to mention that too. It's FAR too close to those sockets...

Not sure about UK regulations, but there might be two ways they avoid that. one if that it's not just a shower but a shower cabinet, ad it might be water regulated sockets.