What was your first post on neowin and how have you evolved ?

My first post -

UedCZkh.jpg

I believe I'm much better at voicing my opinions and I've since made some very good Neowin friends!  :D

• Like 3

first post was back in 2011

man, time flies, hard to believe it's been like 6 years.....

I read a lot of XP help way back when, but didn't have the nerve to join up until 2010, even then, still learning to this day,

I tried to help out someone with a security combo that works for me, and works well, only to get shut down by first gen mse being better.... how I laughed :p 

• Like 3

mine was in 2014. This one and a few of my first posts where just me whining about windows phone 8.1. Actually the first one is about how they broke our regional keyboard for some reason on some preview version, and the second one is about how they still hadn't fixed it at the time of the release. I think most of my "serious" posts were me complaining about stuff. I guess that makes me a typical Microsoft fanboy ?

• Like 2

On 8.9.2003 at 10:44 PM, Frank B. said:

I'd like to have a substyle where the widgets are in a darker grey, similar to the Windows classic grey

First post according to my profile. I guess I lurked a lot during the first two years on Neowin without posting much.

• Like 2

mine was to ElliotB :p

Posted September 28, 2003 · Report post

www.cpc.co.uk

They stock heatshrink cable wrapping in various sizes and colours amongst other gadgets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JOHNNY101 said:

It is always said that the first time is always the difficult one. But the topic about nokia is what really I love. That's hsitory.

no sure if spam?

4 hours ago, Mando said:

mine was to ElliotB :p

Posted September 28, 2003 · Report post

www.cpc.co.uk

They stock heatshrink cable wrapping in various sizes and colours amongst other gadgets.

awww bromance!

12 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

first post was back in 2011

I joined to dominater j000r silly craziez cause I roxx00rs joo0rs boxers cause im evollllll and all dat saucecrazyoneoneone1!!!1

FTFY

7 hours ago, Brys said:

mine was in 2014. This one and a few of my first posts where just me whining about windows phone 8.1. Actually the first one is about how they broke our regional keyboard for some reason on some preview version, and the second one is about how they still hadn't fixed it at the time of the release. I think most of my "serious" posts were me complaining about stuff. I guess that makes me a typical Microsoft fanboy ?

Betty the fanboy? sounds weird dontit?

5 hours ago, Frank B. said:

First post according to my profile. I guess I lurked a lot during the first two years on Neowin without posting much.

Dont we all :laugh:

• Like 3

Here's my first post on the new Neowin answering a pool to know if we used WMP (Posted September 24, 2008)

I use it for mp3 files cause it's there and it does the job.

But for DVD and movies i use Media Player Classic cause seriously WMP is one of the worst movie files player out there. I barely have enough fingers to count the number of legit, retail DVD that did not work in WMP but worked perfectly with MPC. Last one was Shaun of the dead. The DVD bought at Wall mart made WMP crash but worked nicely when used with MPC.

BTW WMP still ****.

But i posted on the old Neowin back in the days before the launch of xp. The first time i visited neowin i was looking at info to make some games work on 2k and neowin was returned as a result of a google search. I remember participating in a topic about making Need for Speed Hot Pursuit work on windows 2k. Not sure if it was via a forum or comments on a news though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LaP said:

Here's my first post on the new Neowin answering a pool to know if we used WMP (Posted September 24, 2008)

BTW WMP still ****.

But i posted on the old Neowin back in the days before the launch of xp. The first time i visited neowin i was looking at info to make some games work on 2k and neowin was returned as a result of a google search. I remember participating in a topic about making Need for Speed Hot Pursuit work on windows 2k. Not sure if it was via a forum or comments on a news though.

Fair enough but I prefer wmp, ok it doesn't play mkv files, no loss, vlc to the rescue, but for all my music files It's still my go to media player.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LaP said:

BTW WMP still ****.

I may have helped you there, I was on Win2k and played a lot of Need for Speed back then :p

• Like 1

Untitled.jpg

I think I got myself a proper gaming desktop shortly after. :) (until then my main computer was a huge fat laptop - that was loud and hot, but at least it run most games i could throw at it.

• Like 4