There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Advertising tweaks for members and guests

Hi all,

I have (with the help of @DaveLegg) tweaked the adverts to not be so overwhelming for guests and members.

The "billboard" sized ad has been moved to the footer and replaced with a smaller 729x90 one for the top, and in the sidebar on both news and forums, the "halfpage" (300x600) for guests has been moved down a position (news and forums) so it doesn't overwhelm the top of the page.

I haven't been given the "all clear" by my advertiser for this, but I have mailed about the overwhelming state of the ads.

We work hard to bring you a stable website and this all costs money, I hope that with this update the people who block ads reconsider, or you can get a years worth of adfree for $28 if you visit and enjoy Neowin enough to warrant (and support) it! :)

As always, feedback is welcomed, we listen, but also understand we pay thousands a month in costs to multiple staff! and servers/licensing etc.

• Like 4