Anything like LogMeIn Hamachi?

Is there anything like Hamachi but free? I remember I used to be able to create a network of PCs over the internet.

11 minutes ago, episode said:

TeamViewer has file transfer and VPN. Free for personal use.

TeamViewer has file transfer and does everything without the need for a VPN. I actually pay for TeamViewer and do not see any VPN solution.

8 minutes ago, Aokromes said:

That would work locally over a network but over the internet like Hamachi.

14 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

TeamViewer has file transfer and does everything without the need for a VPN. I actually pay for TeamViewer and do not see any VPN solution.

That would work locally over a network but over the internet like Hamachi.

Helps if you actually READ the manual for the product your using ;)

teamviewervpn.thumb.png.0be252e2f85c9247cc3ca26c16c8a237.png

There are plenty of ways to create a "vpn" for friends/family/etc to be on one network like hamachi.. But something that is point and click something like http://www.neorouter.com

Or the already mentioned teamviewer vpn is prob best suited for your typical home user.

9 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Helps if you actually READ the manual for the product your using ;)

teamviewervpn.thumb.png.0be252e2f85c9247cc3ca26c16c8a237.png

There are plenty of ways to create a "vpn" for friends/family/etc to be on one network like hamachi.. But something that is point and click something like http://www.neorouter.com

Or the already mentioned teamviewer vpn is prob best suited for your typical home user.

Ok jeez, Budman ;) I'll try installing that VPN driver and see how it goes.

I installed the VPN driver - no need to reinstall or anything. It works great. Basically I was curious if I could get Steam's In-Home Streaming to work over a VPN. At first over my phone's mobile hotspot which worked but not for any gaming, naturally. I then connected to a Starbucks WiFi and got it working pretty well.

The TeamViewer connection shows as Unidentified Network. I did set unidentified networks as private thinking it may have hindered the connection, not really sure yet.

unidentified vs private network only allows for different firewall rules to be applied...otherwise it is pretty irrelevant what you have named it or associated it with.

1 hour ago, sc302 said:

unidentified vs private network only allows for different firewall rules to be applied...otherwise it is pretty irrelevant what you have named it or associated it with.

Right, and seeing as I am utilizing Steam's streaming service over the VPN, I figured I'd remove any firewall complexity. For example, I tried using TeamViewer's ping test within the VPN and was not getting replies from the remote machine. I made the network private and now receive replies.

Right, and seeing as I am utilizing Steam's streaming service over the VPN, I figured I'd remove any firewall complexity. For example, I tried using TeamViewer's ping test within the VPN and was not getting replies from the remote machine. I made the network private and now receive replies.

And that is a rule that can be enabled.