How old were you when this happened?

volumenlizenzkey.jpg

Windows XP was released to general availability on October 25, 2001 but the RTM happened at the end of August, after which it was leaked, and the infamous shot above happened.

But, how old were you when it leaked at the end of August (RTM was August 24, 2001)

I was 28!

I was 20, but I still remember that period like it was yesterday.

By the way, posting warez cd-key's is against the house rules :D And there was a time when you would wake me up in the middle of the night and I would be able to recite that VLM key with ease :D 

• Like 3

i was 9 lol :rofl:

My family had Windows ME at the time so my father got a hold of a Pirated XP Pro and installed it. Was still a bit unstable but ran better than ME haha

28 minutes ago, FunkyMike said:

Old enough to wait 3 days for the ISO to download on a 56k :rofl:

Ever install Windows 95 from the 13 or so floppy discs?  My 386 had a CD-ROM drive but Win 95 was given to me by a friend of my parents so I couldn't complain, even if it took forever to install.  Man, that takes me back.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

but I remember the day 98 was released!

Me too, and 95, and 98OSR2.

Win95 was among the first legal copies of software I bought. It felt like Christmas. The package included more than a dozen 3.5" floppy disks and I installed it on my 486DX2 ACER PC, upgrading from DOS.