Boy learns to drive on YouTube for McDonald's joyride

SNAG-0016.png

Street view of McDonalds in East Palestine.

An eight-year old boy in Ohio safely drove his little sister to McDonald's after learning to drive from YouTube, local news report.

Ohio's Morning Journal said police received calls from residents about a child driving through town.

Staff at the restaurant thought they were the victims of a prank when the underage pair stopped at the drive-through window, the paper added.

The boy obeyed all traffic lights and laws, witnesses said.

"He didn't hit a single thing on the way there. It was unreal," police officer Jacob Koehler, from the village of East Palestine, said.

The child told police he had learned to drive by watching YouTube videos.

He ordered cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets :p

More at BBC

• Like 3

You'll would be surprised how many '70's kids actually could drive proficiently by the time they were 10.

Hell, in certain parts of Australia (ok it's private property) kids take the pick up truck to deliver lunch etc..

India, kids deliver trucks....

The list goes on, just doesn't get mainstream coverage because of the potential backlash.

• Like 4

I was driving our ranch truck way before I had a license.

Many o' scared cattle ran from that old truck :D

But we only went out to our ranch on weekends and summers.  At home, I had to steal the parents' cars while they were sleeping in order to drive :D

...until I blew up my dad's favorite sports car - pretty much stopped those shenanigans