Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seetheworldsecond

Best way to get payment from client in Canada to USA? No Paypal

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

I need help figuring out the best method to receive payment from my client living in Canada to me in the states. I  prefer not to use Paypal and I looked into Venmo and I am afraid to use it because of so many claims of people buying things and having Venmo reverse payment and they run off with the merchandise. 

Please help! Thank you my fellow neowins.

Square Cash?

4 minutes ago, episode said:

Square Cash?

I have considered this until Ive read horror stories in the Play Store app review lol. Anyone here have personal experience with square?

Does it need to be electronic? Have him/her send a certified check in the mail, you can do either a Money Order or Cashiers Check.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

When selling material goods I always fret too when using an electronic service like paypal for fear based on reversal of charges. Perhaps they can just Western Union you the funds? Then no reversal worries so you will have the cash. Will cost you a bit though.

7 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Does it need to be electronic? Have him/her send a certified check in the mail, you can do either a Money Order or Cashiers Check.

It does not but I do prefer the speed.

2 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

When selling material goods I always fret too when using an electronic service like paypal for fear based on reversal of charges. Perhaps they can just Western Union you the funds? Then no reversal worries so you will have the cash. Will cost you a bit though.

I am considering this..transactions for $840..They will charge me $80.00..ehhhh what to do what to do..currently downloaded square and checking it out now..Might take the risk.

2 minutes ago, Seetheworldsecond said:

It does not but I do prefer the speed.

I am considering this..transactions for $840..They will charge me $80.00..ehhhh what to do what to do..

ouch! never sent that much before. But, one must do what one must do.

Venmo?

How trustworthy is this client? Is it someone you know pretty well? I've yet to have any issues with Venmo, but I only use it with friends I know. Have you been doing business with this client for some time now? Or is this a one off? 

Old school and use Western Union?

What's wrong with a good old bank transfer? (BACS)

16 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

What's wrong with a good old bank transfer? (BACS)

^ This. Safe, secure, covered.  I really don't get why people try to use all these far less safe methods of transferring monies when your banks already have safe systems in place to do it.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

^ This. Safe, secure, covered.  I really don't get why people try to use all these far less safe methods of transferring monies when your banks already have safe systems in place to do it.

Exactly, this is what I'm not getting.  I know American banks perform BACS transfers as I've done so.  Any other system be it PayPal, Western Union or any of the newer upstarts - why even bother?

BACS transfer vote here too, least you are covered for fraud etc. Western Union, Moneygram etc pay out in cash so there's is no chance of getting your money back if it goes sour