Will my cpu support my gpu?

My pc spec is

-Pentium4 processor 519k

-Asus motherboard (pcie16x inside)

-512MB 400MHz DDR2 SDRAM

-Intergrated Intel GMA 900 Graphics

I wanna know if I throw the gtx 1050 inside will it support

Seriously ?
If this isnt a joke, and I have to believe this is.

Why ?

What is the line of thinking in doing something like this ?

What purpose would it serve ?
There are 100 reasons why this is silly.
I cant think of a single reason that makes sense.

Is this a joke ?  

I think I need to look @ OP's posts to see if this is a joke.

54 minutes ago, Ramin_Ice2546 said:

-Asus motherboard (pcie16x inside)

Might want to double-check that. Your mobo probably features an AGP slot.

Will it work?

Probably yes, at a basic degree but with how old your spec is, it isn't worth it.

A card like that would work more efficiently in a rig with multiple cores (core i5 or similar amd will be more optimal) and at least 4-8GB RAM

• Like 2

Seriously ?
If this isnt a joke, and I have to believe this is.

Why ?
What is the line of thinking in doing something like this ?
What purpose would it serve ?
There are 100 reasons why this is silly.
I cant think of a single reason that makes sense.

Is this a joke ?  

I think I need to look @ OP's posts to see if this is a joke.

It's not a joke
My pc is old and it's pre-built
I want to play some games (gta, call of duty, farcry)

1 minute ago, Mirumir said:

Might want to double-check that. Your mobo probably features an AGP slot.

Exactly - I was thinking PCIE in a P4 mobo ?!?!

Not to mention it probably has a 200W PSU - 
this is just bad thinking all around

OP - Maybe tell us what you are thinking as to why you would do something like this.  You have several threads about building a new system - are you not able to do that now ?

1 minute ago, Ramin_Ice2546 said:

It's not a joke

In that case, no, even if you met THE absolute basic requirements, the cpu will not handle that sort of game at high end rendering or antialiasing

• Like 2

In that case, no, even if you met THE absolute basic requirements, the cpu will not handle that sort of game

So I have to buy a new pc?

Just now, Ramin_Ice2546 said:

It's not a joke

OK - well - you probably dont have PCIe - and you probably would need to get a new PSU (connection reasons alone)
Also, you run into compatibility issues, the second you try to install or play a game - it will check your system specs - and see its a P4 - and you wont be able to play.

How in the world do you have a prebuilt system from 15 years ago still running ?

Just now, Ramin_Ice2546 said:

So I have to buy a new pc?

Yes

OP - You cant take a 40 year old car that is barely able to get down the driveway and put a supercharger in it - thinking its ready for the drag strip - 

• Like 2

Just now, T3X4S said:

OK - well - you probably dont have PCIe - and you probably would need to get a new PSU (connection reasons alone)
Also, you run into compatibility issues, the second you try to install or play a game - it will check your system specs - and see its a P4 - and you wont be able to play.

How in the world do you have a prebuilt system from 15 years ago still running ?

I've got single core Athlons that were pre loaded with ME that still run, ok I don't use them, I just didn't have the heart to throw em out.

• Like 2

Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

I've got single core Athlons that were pre loaded with ME that still run, ok I don't use them, I just didn't have the heart to throw em out.

Why not ?  You're not using them.  What is the point of having them ?

I get rid of everything.  If Im not using it, its clutter - someone else can have it or its trash.  I hate clutter.

3 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Why not ?  You're not using them.  What is the point of having them ?

One was a gift, it moved me into the '90's+ and got me online, one has sentimental value from a passed on loved one, a couple were rescued from dumps in the hope to 'recondition' and to make a quick buck, I supposed those could go though.

• Like 2

One was a gift, it moved me into the '90's+ and got me online, one has sentimental value from a passed on loved one, a couple were rescued from dumps in the hope to 'recondition' and to make a quick buck, I supposed those could go though.

Wow - see, that image gave me chills.  I dont keep anything.  I get joy from getting rid of stuff.  Giving it to someone who could use it, or in the trash bring me more joy then it just sitting in the garage, or in storage.

Just now, T3X4S said:

Wow - see, that image gave me chills.  I dont keep anything.  I get joy from getting rid of stuff.  Giving it to someone who could use it, or in the trash bring me more joy then it just sitting in the garage, or in storage.

Yeah, I'm sentimental, and get attached easily.

I can appreciate that.  I have been told I am heartless a time or two, or three  ( walked away before she could say it a 4th time) :)

• Like 1

OP, just out of curiosity, seeing as you're willing to spend some cash on getting that card... what sort of budget do you have to play with, many here can help 'build' you a rig capable of 1080p gaming on a tightrope budget...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

The only thing I keep for sentimental reasons are pictures (on cloud) and the collars from dogs who have passed.  They are in a lock box in the master bedroom closet.  I wont get rid of those anytime soon.

• Like 1

OP, just out of curiosity, seeing as you're willing to spend some cash on getting that card... what sort of budget do you have to play with, many here can help 'build' you a rig capable of 1080p gaming on a tightrope budget...

$400

12 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

I have an old P4 mobo with PCIe that was running in my home "server farm" until recently with 4 gigs RAM and Windows 7 (missing CPU instructions for Win 8+)

He could play old games since only recently have games started to use multiple cores.

A 1050 has no external power connector in any model so I suspect his mobo won't power it.

With some Ebay searching it should be possible to find the maximum GPU that would work...

1 minute ago, Ramin_Ice2546 said:

$400

Out of that $400, are you having to get every piece, or are there some things you have ?

For instance, a case, a 1080 monitor, maybe a recent good PSU - or are you having to do everything ?

3 minutes ago, DevTech said:

I have an old P4 mobo with PCIe that was running in my home "server farm" until recently with 4 gigs RAM and Windows 7 (missing CPU instructions for Win 8+)

He could play old games since only recently have games started to use multiple cores.

A 1050 has no external power connector in any model so I suspect his mobo won't power it.

With some Ebay searching it should be possible to find the maximum GPU that would work...

I thought he said 1060.  I wasnt aware there even was a 1050.  (Sorry, dont really keep up with this stuff anymore) at least not like I used too.

OP, if you're in Texas - I can help you

Pcie 16x on my motherboard
Out of that $400, are you having to get every piece, or are there some things you have ?

For instance, a case, a 1080 monitor, maybe a recent good PSU - or are you having to do everything ?

CPU motherboard gpu psu ram