Installing windows XP + formatting

ok, i was wondering what the difference if any is. to choosing the formatting options it gives you when doing a clean install of xp

ex:

format using the NTFS File system (quick)

format using the NTFS file system

format using the FAT32 file system (quick)

format using the FAT32 file system

i mean there must be some difference if they included both options ya? does formatting quick have a downside or something?

and also, whats with those annoying 0 byte size folders in the program files, (xerox, ms front page) is there anyway to delete these cause apparently it wont let me.

Format is used if the drive was not already formatted or the drive has problems and you want to reformat it. Quick format simply erases the directories and files on the drive. Quick formatting will not fix problems with the drive format itself is the drawback but it's way faster.

Originally posted by Lectos  

Format is used if the drive was not already formatted or the drive has problems and you want to reformat it. Quick format simply erases the directories and files on the drive.  Quick formatting will not fix problems with the drive format itself is the drawback but it's way faster.

Do you have any idea how much longer? And if I haven?t seen any problems, should I still go with the full for the hell of it because I have the time (ie. Is there any benefit?)