Darksiders 3 announced

Andrew    2,755

Darksiders 3 leaked with screenshots and details

Play as Fury, a female mage with a whip.

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 02/05/2017

Darksiders 3 has leaked on Amazon (thanks, Gematsu).

The listing reveals the hack and slash adventure game alongside a raft of screenshots and gameplay details. There's what looks like a placeholder 31st December 2018 release date for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

You play as Fury, a mage who uses her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth. She's described as "the most unpredictable and enigmatic of the Four Horsemen". In previous Darksiders games you played as War and Death. (In the Darksiders universe the four siblings are Death, Strife, Fury and War, if you're wondering why Fury is the star of this game.)

Darksiders 3 is developed by Gunfire Games, the studio founded by the people behind original Darksiders developer Vigil Games, which went under after publisher THQ went bust. Nordic (now THQ Nordic) picked up the franchise and recently released Darksiders 1 and 2 remasters.

Continues...

• Like 1

ThisSiteHasLostItsCharm    262

stupid nordic, keeps sitting on red faction and in the mean time does games like this...mehhhhhhhhhhh

Andrew    2,755

Topics merged / title updated

+Asmodai    637
On 5/2/2017 at 9:39 AM, Slarlac249 said:

stupid nordic, keeps sitting on red faction and in the mean time does games like this...mehhhhhhhhhhh

I don't think Nordic decides this.  They're not DEVELOPING it, they're just the publisher and I don't believe the original Red Faction devs are knocking on their door to make another.

In the case of Darksiders many of the developers who made the first two DID want to make a third but were laid off when THQ/Vigil went under.  They formed a new company called Gunfire Games and so Nordic is working with them to make this happen.  I think it's great we get a third game by largely the same developers as the first two.

trag3dy    3,443
23 hours ago, LOC said:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/05/05/darksiders-3-gameplay-reveal-ign-first

12 minute pre-alpha gameplay video. Remember, this is SUPER early stuff. Things will change I'm sure.

The game is definitely lookin good. Environments are looking much more detailed than the previous games. Combat looks like it's still on the basic side though, which is understandable since it's pre alpha.

I think it would be awesome if they get the combat to feel like it does in Nier: Automata, killing ###### is so much fun in that game. It's so fluid and responsive.

trag3dy    3,443

• Like 1

Tailwind    329

I hope we can still play a male main character. :(  

trag3dy    3,443
1 minute ago, Tailwind said:

I hope we can still play a male main character. :(  

The main character of DS3 is Fury and she is obviously female.

Why does it matter? You want male leads go play the first two which are both excellent games.