System will not wake after hibernation

Last night I decided to enable hibernation after 30 minutes and the system did go into a sleep state but I do not feel that it was a complete sleep, as the keyboard still was lit up, and the monitors, though dark, were not in their standby mode (power lights flashing) and I have a fan controller on the front of the case and it never shut down. This morning when I got up I hit escape, enter, space-bar, shook the mouse all to no avail, the system would not wake up, I was forced to press the reset button, then when it rebooted -it wanted to do a chkdsk on the OS drive which is an SSD. At this point I am not sure what to do to diagnose where the problem might be.

• 2 weeks later...

Power states are really tricky.

There will be a variety of different CPU C-states you can enable/disable in BIOS.

Look at any old USB or other hardware with older deice drivers.

Or you just might need the BIOS setting for mouse and keyboard to "wake computer from sleep" to be ON.

Give complete system specs and we can try to debug it but depending on the age of the mobo chance is like 30% to 80% of success.

4 hours ago, DevTech said:

Power states are really tricky.

There will be a variety of different CPU C-states you can enable/disable in BIOS.

Look at any old USB or other hardware with older deice drivers.

Or you just might need the BIOS setting for mouse and keyboard to "wake computer from sleep" to be ON.

Give complete system specs and we can try to debug it but depending on the age of the mobo chance is like 30% to 80% of success.

Operating System
            Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
        CPU
            AMD FX-8370    29 °C
            Vishera 32nm Technology
        RAM
            16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (11-11-11-28)
        Motherboard
            ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0 (Socket 942)    32 °C
        Graphics
            4K2K@60HzDP (3840x2160@60Hz)
            LG ULTRAWIDE (2560x1080@60Hz)
            4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (Undefined)    42 °C
        Storage
            232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)    36 °C
            232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)    33 °C
            232GB Seagate ST3250410AS (SATA)    37 °C
            465GB Seagate ST3500630AS (SATA)    39 °C
            1862GB Western Digital WD My Book 1230 USB Device (SSD)    36 °C
            30GB Sony Storage Media USB Device (USB)
        Optical Drives
            Microsoft Virtual DVD-ROM
            HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40
        Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

OK - so start by looking at power management menus in the BIOS for enabling mouse/keyboard (which usually means PS/2) and USB to wake up computer.

BTW when the computer is in hybernate mode, the way to get it out of hybernate (when a always on USB is not set in BIOS) is to press the power button once. A bit counter-intuitive.

Confirm you've looked into these basic steps and then we will look at CPU levels of "sleepness"

• 3 weeks later...