8 posts in this topic

Two top security firms have found evidence linking the WannaCry ransomware to the prolific North Korean cybergang known as Lazarus Group.

Kaspersky and Symantec both said on Monday that technical details within an early version of the WannaCry code are similar to code used in a 2015 backdoor created by the government-linked North Korean hackers, who were implicated in the 2014 attack on Sony Pictures and an $81m heist on a Bangladeshi bank in 2016. Lazarus Group has also been known to use and target Bitcoin in its hacking operations. The similarities were first spotted by Google security researcher Neal Mehta and echoed by other researchers including Matthieu Suiche from UAE-based Comae Technologies.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/15/wannacry-ransomware-north-korea-lazarus-group

1 person likes this

I never believed North Korea was involved in the 2014 Sony hacking, and I find it difficult to believe they are involved in this. Wouldn't be surprised if Russia was though.

IP's can be spoofed, but that's not the entirety of what they're using.  

Lol. I thought North Korea had a potato for internet.  Come one, you all said how they have dialup and wind-up cars and ###### on the tables they eat at. This surely isn't possible.

Not to take away this is  bs in the first place. It had nothing to do with NK, Russia or China. Pretty sure it is ex pat Americans.