Netflix: The Witcher TV Series (December 20th, 2019)

Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga, the series of eight novels by Andrzej Sapkowski that inspired the hugely popular CD Projekt Red RPG games.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-tv-series

• Like 4

Based on the books too - not so much the games. 
This could be epic if done correctly :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anarkii said:

Based on the books too - not so much the games. 
This could be epic if done correctly :) 

Even if they based it on the games i'd still be down for it.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, McCordRm said:

Let's hope they go more Daredevil than Iron Fist. heh

But yea, I'm excited for this!

Is Iron Fist that bad?  I love the idea, I can be a huge martial arts and supernatural fan. But the reviews put me off it.  and the ep1 did not do too much either...

1 minute ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

Is Iron Fist that bad?  I love the idea, I can be a huge martial arts and supernatural fan. But the reviews put me off it.  and the ep1 did not do too much either...

Iron fist is....ok.  I still have not finished it and I bing watched JJ, DD, LC.....

I never finished JJ, I skipped LC, finished both seasons of DD and Iron Fist though.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow Netflix is treating Polish/Slavic people like its Asian adaptions. Complete erasure in the cast.

8 hours ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

Wow Netflix is treating Polish/Slavic people like its Asian adaptions. Complete erasure in the cast.

While it's a shame the fact is that they want people who have acted in other shows or movies that people know.  It's a business in the end, and names of actors who people know help to push a movie or TV series. 

3 hours ago, George P said:

While it's a shame the fact is that they want people who have acted in other shows or movies that people know.  It's a business in the end, and names of actors who people know help to push a movie or TV series. 

I haven't heard of any of them except for the lead and I am not talking about the lead. They are pushing away the Witcher fans with a casting that contradicts the books and setting. Open racism shouldn't be business as usual. 😞

3 hours ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

I haven't heard of any of them except for the lead and I am not talking about the lead. They are pushing away the Witcher fans with a casting that contradicts the books and setting. Open racism shouldn't be business as usual. 😞

The setting is fictional though,.. none of the places or races exist. So there really isn't anyway to truly be accurate with the show.

On 11/1/2018 at 5:59 AM, J. X. Maxwell said:

While I agree it would be more faithful to have people of proper descent, I would rather they find actors that can properly portray the role more than making sure they are from the place they are supposed to be from. Casting is always difficult because you'll never find the perfect actor/actress to fill a role. You always need to compromise.

What bugs me more than not being true to the source material is blatantly ignoring it for other reasons (looking at you, DC Titans).

• 7 months later...

Could be close, I hope so anyways, since they're showing cast images right now.   

I don't care much for the casting but hopefully it turns out good. They just don't look the parts going by the games but I guess this is more based on the books?