Remembering some of the earliest Neowin members (that have left)

I joined these forums in August 2001 and I remember guys like Keldyn and Dazzla from the early days :)

Anyone know what happened to them?

• Like 1

I loved Dazzla's reviews that he'd post of his latest gadgets; they were always so well done.

No idea what happened to him or Keldyn, but both of them and some of the other early mods (now vets) are the reason I stayed around. They were a great bunch!

• Like 1

I wanna know what happened to Rappy and Audioboxer, they were some of my fav members but seem to have gone :(

• Like 2

I don't know either of them, but it looks like they both just drifted away.

2 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I wanna know what happened to Rappy and Audioboxer, they were some of my fav members but seem to have gone :(

Rappy had to take a break for a while, I seem to remember. He had worn himself out with the amount of posting he did. :p

Audioboxer still drops in from time to time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Rappy had to take a break for a while, I seem to remember. He had worn himself out with the amount of posting he did. :p

Yeah I think Rappy used to drive those let's get to 10 million post spamming topics. 

Shame I used to get good film recommendations from Rappy and enjoyed reading ABs posts in the Gaming forum.

On 2017-5-17 at 7:57 AM, Nick H. said:

I don't know either of them, but it looks like they both just drifted away.

Rappy had to take a break for a while, I seem to remember. He ran out of information for teh amount of posting he did, the interwebz couldn't keep up with him:p

Audioboxer still drops in from time to time.

FTFY :p

I think that peoples live change, people get jobs. Have kids etc. And they dont get as much time to post as much as they once did.

@sanctified is a good one, @islanq is another guy that I used to talk to here and on AIM (whoa, time warp) about overclocking and watercooling along with @Samoa we had our fair share of disagreements, but he was a very knowledge overclocked during the early p4 days. There was another guy, however I can't find any PM's that I had from him. He was a cool guy, kind of goth if I remember and we talked about overclocking the 30 capper 2.8C's for a while. Typing this all out gave me an awesome nostaglia feeling.

• Like 2

Radish and Glassed Silver,

Was fun to read some of their posts, (there are others but these two were more memorable)

Back then I wasn't a member

• Like 3

On 5/19/2017 at 1:12 AM, The Evil Overlord said:

Radish and Glassed Silver,

Was fun to read some of their posts, (there are others but these two were more memorable)

Back then I wasn't a member

Radish has gone? :o

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

I'm not an early member.

Now where's your list?

The list is about the same as yours.

I was joking about including yourself there.

• Like 2

Just now, TAZMINATOR said:

The list is about the same as yours.

I was joking about including yourself there.

So there's no other people you can think of. What a shame.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

So there's no other people you can think of. What a shame.

I haven't been anywhere else other than those random threads... that's how I met some of you.   That's why I don't know others very well..   I know Rappy and Neowin staff..    Hope Rappy's doing well.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

I haven't been anywhere else other than those random threads... that's how I met some of you.   That's why I don't know others very well..   I know Rappy and Neowin staff..    Hope Rappy's doing well.

and then love happened...

I remember saxondale he was very active in digital gallery, lets see who else, um...

• Like 3