Remembering some of the earliest Neowin members (that have left)

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

and then love happened...

I remember saxondale he was very active in digital gallery, lets see who else, um...

And Remus as well.   He was active in photography threads.  He has moved on to other sites unless he's busy with school.  He's very good at photography. Especially mrk (i think he's still around.)

Crazzy?  Not sure the full username.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

And Remus as well.   He was active in photography threads.  He has moved on to other sites unless he's busy with school.  He's very good at photography. Especially mrk (i think he's still around.)

Crazzy?  Not sure the full username.

and youre right @crazzy88ss dis dude

On 25/05/2017 at 6:56 PM, LimeMaster said:

@Boo Berry@rr_dRock@He's Dead Jim@Ian W@Arachno 1D@Phouchg@Atomic Wanderer Chicken@firey

There's definitely more, but my memory isn't that great. 

Thanks for thinking of me :)

I'm still here, just not so active as much, and my PC seems to struggle to browse Neowin since the ads are now integrated with the minispy,

Yup my 1Gigabyte ram Dell pos can't handle normal internet browsing,

I need to give my brother a shout and see if his office is disposing anything a bit more up to date than an Optiflex 755 SFF.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, He's Dead Jim said:

Thanks for thinking of me :)

I'm still here, just not so active as much, and my PC seems to struggle to browse Neowin since the ads are now integrated with the minispy,

Yup my 1Gigabyte ram Dell pos can't handle normal internet browsing,

I need to give my brother a shout and see if his office is disposing anything a bit more up to date than an Optiflex 755 SFF.

Oh hi! :)

Have you ever considered using an ad blocker? I know blocking ads is usually frowned upon on Neowin, but if ads are destroying your browsing experience, it might be worth considering. 

1 hour ago, TAZMINATOR said:

Default theme on Neowin is messed up.  Change to Darkside theme and you will see mini spy.  If you don't see it on dark theme, then you might have blocked something that hide the minispy.

I have the same issue on default theme but no problem on dark theme.  Lime suggested same thing to me but nothing works but I had an idea to switch themes and see if it works.  It does... 

@LimeMaster,  see if you can see minispy on Orion (default theme) on your end.   I have only 1 filter enabled which is EasyList.   You probably have same issue except the dark theme.

Not to mention when using Darkside, the emoticons are horrid.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Not to mention when using Darkside, the emoticons are horrid.

I know ...  Only way to see minispy for now.  Until the devs fix the default theme.  Hopefully they update the emotions for dark theme. 

I was gonna say - Snyper - he was a well known person.

The guy would have an avatar of a person that changed almost every other day in some way.

In fact, searching on good old Google finds this: 

2008 indeed!

Edited by Sir Topham Hatt

On 6/1/2017 at 2:56 PM, T3X4S said:

Enron
Rappy

And this is recent, but what happened to @chrisj1968?

Yep, i wondered that also.

and Yaay Radish :) long time no see Rads.

On 6/2/2017 at 11:09 AM, Sir Topham Hatt said:

The guy would have an avatar of a person that changed almost every other day in some way.

2008 indeed!

Synper was a funny guy. 

I remember @insanekiwi was the Rappy of Neowin in the early days, when I eventually signed up after lurking on the forums for over a year, he seem to be active in every thread!

@Sethos and @Audioboxer we're great in the Gamers Hangout.

I used to always browse the Gamers Hangout for the news posted by DrunknMunky (now Andrew), Audioboxer and Sethos back when the 360 / PS3 we're the current consoles. These guys seemed to post the best articles from all the major gaming websites, starting quality discussion rather than flame wars found on a lot of other gaming sites.

People seem to be changing names far too often on Neowin so i can't keep track of who is who anymore, however I remember @bangbang023 used to be really active too.

In addition @tomwarren (creamhackered) who now writes for The Verge used to post loads of exclusive Windows XP beta news on Neowin.

• Like 3

On 03/06/2017 at 1:43 AM, RadishTM said:

Yep, still lurking around (Y)

He lives! Hope you're doing well.

On 02/06/2017 at 11:09 AM, Sir Topham Hatt said:

2008 indeed!

Holy hell I remember the controversy, what memories!

snyper was banned because he and his nut-hugging groupies (to paraphrase a former staff member) polluted the forum with a too crude sense of humour. Source: I was staff around the time of his ban, and very much in favour of it.

As many other early Neowin members I'm but lurking on the forum most of the time, and hanging out on Neowin IRC. The Neowin tab is still open at all times, sure.. but more and more often I start to wonder why.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 11:03 AM, InsaneNutter said:

I remember @insanekiwi was the Rappy of Neowin in the early days, when I eventually signed up after lurking on the forums for over a year, he seem to be active in every thread!

@Sethos and @Audioboxer we're great in the Gamers Hangout.

I used to always browse the Gamers Hangout for the news posted by DrunknMunky (now Andrew), Audioboxer and Sethos back when the 360 / PS3 we're the current consoles. These guys seemed to post the best articles from all the major gaming websites, starting quality discussion rather than flame wars found on a lot of other gaming sites.

People seem to be changing names far too often on Neowin so i can't keep track of who is who anymore, however I remember @bangbang023 used to be really active too.

In addition @tomwarren (creamhackered) who now writes for The Verge used to post loads of exclusive Windows XP beta news on Neowin.

"Great in the Gamers Hangout"

"starting quality discussion rather than flame wars"

oPTMFD1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Audioboxer said:

"Great in the Gamers Hangout"

"starting quality discussion rather than flame wars"

oPTMFD1.jpg

It's been a few years, maybe i'm a bit delusional now? :laugh: or just browsed after the mods had been hard at work!

• Like 2

On 5/26/2017 at 4:07 AM, Skiver said:

You've just made me realise I've not seen @DirtyLarryin a long time either :(

Thanks. Feels good to be missed by at least one person. (Y)

I come and go here. Mainly go. Haha It has been quite awhile though. And it primarily is I am not as active online in general as much as I once was. I came to the conclusion about 2 years ago I need to get back to doing what I enjoy, so I have been drawing and writing a lot.

I do post here and there on Neogaf and the only real reason I go there is because the members do break gaming news daily. I am not a fan of the member base whatsoever. Honestly truth be told, I can fully admit I am a bitter old man who generally speaking is not a fan of people overall online these days. :laugh: I just feel like things have changed. People were always confrontational and all of that, but I feel it is just at a whole new level. It seems as if a lot of people feel that is the only way to conduct themselves. I just cannot get down with that, so I just avoid it outright.

Thanks again though, and I do hope all is well for everyone that has stuck it out all these years.

• Like 3