Trying to install software from 1994 in Windows 10: "This app can’t run on your PC"

I am running Windows 10 x64 (Creators Update).

I am trying to install The Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System for nostalgic purposes.

I have mounted the ISO but when I try to run the installer, I get, "This app can’t run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

I have:

• Disabled SmartScreen (Windows Defender Security Centre > App & browser control > Check apps and files)
  • Tried Windows 95 compatibility mode
  • Tried running it as an Administrator

Any ideas?

It's probably a 16-bit application which Windows 10 64bit no longer supports. Only Windows 10 32bit still supports 16 bit code.

I would also recommend setting up a VM. Given the game is from 1994, install Win3.1 for Workgroups for maximum nostalgia.

On 5/17/2017 at 6:13 PM, warwagon said:

It's probably a 16-bit application which Windows 10 64bit no longer supports. Only Windows 10 32bit still supports 16 bit code.

Any x64 windows has never supported 16bit libs mate ;) best way would be to run a vm of a legacy x86 and do it that way. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mando said:

Any x64 windows has never supported 16bit libs mate ;) best way would be to run a vm of a legacy x86 and do it that way. 

Well, forgot to mention that part.

Just now, warwagon said:

Well, forgot to mention that part.

yep suspected so buddy, I know you know your onions :) 

3 minutes ago, Mando said:

yep suspected so buddy, I know you know your onions :) 

Yes, I also LOVE onions they go great on salads and a LARGE raw slice on a hamburger ...mmmmmmm

Just now, warwagon said:

Yes, I also LOVE onions they go great on salads and a LARGE raw slice on a hamburger ...mmmmmmm

heheh yer im the same :p red, white, pickled, raw cooked mmmmm onion relish....heheh sorry its a scots slang for knowing your stuff :)

3 minutes ago, Mando said:

heheh yer im the same :p red, white, pickled, raw cooked mmmmm onion relish....heheh sorry its a scots slang for knowing your stuff :)

Figured that is whit ye meant. Ye guys mist loue onions ower thare! 

5 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Figured that is whit ye meant. Ye guys mist loue onions ower thare! 

aye min, only thing loved more ower here is tatties :)